About the Job
Wellington IT are looking for an experienced and dynamic Product Manager to join our Executive team. A senior role reporting directly to the Managing Director, this is perfect for an experienced product leader who wants to take a technology leader through its next phase of growth.
As Product Manager you will inherit the most successful range of Credit Union software in Ireland, currently moving billions of euro each year and managing funds for more than 1 in 4 Irish people. Our customers use our software to power every aspect of their financial services business from savings and loans, through to business intelligence, online banking, mobile apps, debit card services and ATMs.
You will own the P&L for your products, and set both the business and technology direction for their future evolution. This includes improving existing products and developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
- As P&L leader you will build a product roadmap and direction that will enable the company to experience strong growth in future years.
- Working closely with Senior Management you will develop appropriate pricing strategies for the product line.
- You will work closely with members of our user group to ensure future product releases meet the anticipated needs of our customers.
- Develop a clear view of market opportunities using personas, customer needs and competitive research to frame your vision for differentiated products.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to others on new technology ideas and solutions that will improve current processes and activities, and leverage other subject matter experts as needed to develop solutions.
- Work together with stakeholders, ensuring teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and be able to work with the Development Manager to balance resources and deliver effectively.
- Demonstrate leadership to our customers with the deployment of software upgrades, enhancements and fixes that are coordinated based on release schedules, market and regulatory pressures.
- Educated to Degree level, you are an experienced and proven leader with around 10 years’ experience working in a B2B software technology organisation.
- Proven product management experience.
- You have proven strategic and operational capabilities, developing and implementing the strategies required to innovate, preferably within the financial services marketplace.
- You have the capacity to give experienced direction and bring focus to product development, establishing clear objectives and deliverables, while harnessing and leveraging the inherent experience that already exists.
- You have experience of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, including Industry trade bodies and groups, as well as regulatory authorities. The ability to be able to balance stakeholder expectations within a pragmatic road map and provide guidance where necessary is highly valued.
- You have a high degree of customer empathy with proven ability to translate customer needs into actionable product improvements.
- Financially literate you are comfortable managing a P&L.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in UK and Ireland (25%).
- All applicants should have the right to work in the UK or Ireland.
- Competitive Salary.
- BUPA Membership.
- Corporate Bonus Scheme.
- Childcare Voucher & Cycle to Work Scheme.
Wellington is an equal opportunities employer and only recruits for the long term.Apply for this job.