Production Group Leader/Supervisor/Manager
Production Group Leader or Production Supervisor / Manager
Production Group Leader or Production Supervisor / Manager (Between Limerick and Cork – Senior Position)
Vickerstock Recruitment has been appointed as a preferred supplier, to assist our client who is a global food organization who are based between Limerick and Cork with over 20,000 employees and with an annual turnover in excess of €5 billion. A company who is responsible for some of Ireland and the UK’s best known brands, this business is a leading producer of products such as chilled and frozen ready meals, cooked meats and dairy products. With numerous manufacturing sites plus commercial bases across the Ireland and the UK, our client is a company known for looking after their staff and always favouring internal staff promotion, training and development where possible. The company have become renowned for their investment in continual learning for its employees; which is always high on the central agenda. With a unique, friendly yet hardworking company culture; their staff retention has always been high, with employees favouring to stay with the firm to develop up through the tiers, rather than leave the company.
Due to the level of demand of the business, our client now has a requirement for an experienced Production Group Leader to join their team. This role of Production Group Leader or Production Supervisor / Manager is based in the businesses established site based between Limerick and Cork and is part of their dairy manufacturing business. The successful candidate will be a key part of the Production Management team. The company operates on a 24 hour schedule and this is a shift role with some weekend working involved.
This is a senior, team management post and the salary/package is very much reflective of this – Salary will be discussed upon receipt of suitable applicants CV’s
- 20 Days holidays and 9 Public Holidays
- The opportunity to work for an established company who is training and development focused, always favouring you (the employee) from a career growth perspective
As Production Group Leader or Production Supervisor / Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of 13-30 production operators and 2 Team Leaders
- Lead the team to ensure they are engaged and high performing through skills assessment, training, feedback and support.
- Induct new members into the team
- Manage on‐going performance of team and Identify those who have the interest and ability to progress by calculating team member performance and adherence to safety SOP’s.
- Manage grievance and disciplinary issues as required with the support of HR
- Check that standards set within the value and continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing 8 step problem solving
- Manage the availability of labour against the plan and work with Value Stream – Ability to analyse cost of labour
- Cover essential elements of manager and team leader role in the event of unplanned absence
- As part of a wider project team assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on the value stream
- Conduct risk assessment on all processes and tasks in the value stream
- Coordinate shift maintenance activities in conjunction with engineering team
As Production Group Leader or Production Supervisor / Manager, the essential requirements are:
- Either a relevant 3rd level qualification and 2 years’ experience in a similar people management experience in a similar production environment
- Must have proven experience of professionally and efficiently managing and dealing with all types of personalities and scenarios to achieve productions goals and standards
- Must be process and lean driven in a similar FMCG/Pharma/Packaging environment working to strict quality standards – tools of lean manufacturing and problem solving techniques is essential
- Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data
Job reference: HN 893989Apply for this job.