Production Group Leader
To manage all shift activities within the production stream both fillroom and packing areas ensuring goals and targets are met within agreed time, cost, quality, H&S, attendance and environmental parameters utilising Lean manufacturing/Production System principles and tools.
- To protect the safety of all team members through adherence to standard work.
- To continuously strive for 100% Right First Time by the reduction of waste and
rework and the optimisation of the production process.
- Supports the Internal Auditor in optimising the production process to ensure all products conform to HACCP system and customer standard specifications. Minimise variability and maximise product safety.
- To train and support Team Leaders in the principles and tools of Lean
Manufacturing Production System and provide them with the opportunity to continually improve the standards set.
- To maintain accurate OEE data recording for the production stream. To assess this data and determine what continuous improvement initiatives are most needed.
- To support the Engineering Leader in their TPM efforts by ensuring autonomous maintenance work is scheduled and carried out by team members.
- To achieve CPMU targets.
- To train standards set to all team members in the production stream as per the Training Matrix. Audit to verify training is adequate and highlight areas for
improvement to improve compliance to the P.S. Training & Versatility Matrix.
- To drive continuous improvement through effective leadership. Coach and develop direct reports and ensure skill gaps are addressed through training and development structured planning.
- Carry out Quarterly and Annual PDPs with direct reports. Motivate, coach and
develop direct reports by setting and agreeing SMART objectives & appropriate training.
- Proactively manage absenteeism in conjunction with HR and Occ. Health. Carry out all RTW discussions and relevant paperwork- RTW certificates etc. Adherence to Absence Reporting Policy, Absence Policy, attendance cards, absence guidelines.
- Experience of managing a multi-functional team in a high speed process environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing is key to delivering the requirements of the role.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Supervisory Management qualification or Degree/Diploma in a related discipline.
- Risk Assessment Health and Safety Training