We are seeking to recruit a Production Manager / Supervisor to join a leading food producer at their facility in Monaghan.
The role requires an energetic and dynamic person who will report to the production director.. It will be a developing role currently looking after production but expanding to help move the factory forward with the launch of new and exciting products. Therefore the successful person will have to link with QA, Npd and maintenance to ensure that existing production runs smoothly but also help ensure new launches run to plan.
Key Responsibilities to include:
- Ensure Production runs efficiently and effectively.
- Implement Kpis in conjunction with the production director.
- Implement Rosters and Rotas as required.
- Liaise with QA, Npd & Engineering.
- Completely involved in ensuring successful launches and coordinating with all necessary parties.
- Ensure a fully cross trained team.
- Manage holiday planning.
- Ensure full compliance with Nest box requirements, customer standards and legislation.
- Adherence to budgets as agreed.
- Set up a purchasing plan and stock taking for new ingredients as required.
- Motivate and conduct performance reviews with all staff minimum twice yearly.
- Ensure that Health and safety on site is managed and rules adhered to.
- Demonstrate ability to provide support & guidance to supervisors with regard to managing production personnel.
You will be able to demonstrate;
- Previous supervisory / management experience gained ideally within a food production environment
- Good knowledge of HACCP, FSMS & BRC
- Knowledge of production schedules and customer demands
- Experience with production KPIs
- Experience of product launches and retail customer expectations
Ideally you will be able to demonstrate;
- A food science qualification
- Lean experience would be an advantage but not necessary