Production Manager, Red Meat Exp
Production Manager, Donegal
We are seeking to recruit a Production Manager (Red Meat) to join a leading Food Processor at their Donegal facility, a short commute from L/Derry.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established leading edge red meat processing plant in Ireland. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the production function, leading an established Management Team and overseeing a production team of over 200 staff. We are looking for someone with proven leadership skills, and you will be accountable for motivating staff to operate safely, effectively and efficiently to produce a quality product.
Duties will include;
- Take responsibility for the management of all aspects of production
- Ensure that Company strategy and procedures are implemented to meet Company targets
- Assist in the development of production facilities and identify areas for improvement to enhance efficiency
- Manage site production to ensure production targets and objectives are achieved on a daily basis.
- Manage all the key elements of the Production Management Team, including identifying staffing requirements, training & development needs, grievance & disciplinary issues and coaching & guidance when required
- Ensure communication of relevant information to the Production Team, encouraging a culture of teamwork and efficiency
- Delivery of a health & safety in a hygiene conscious environment
You will be able to demonstrate;
- Have over 5 year’s relevant senior management experience within a red meat production environment
- Knowledge of Food and Health & Safety legislation
- Proven track record of strong leadership skills and staff motivation
- Be target driven and able to work within set time constraints
- Have the ability to make effective and prompt decisions within a pressurised environment
- Excellent planning, organising and communication skills
- Be self-motivated, confident and show drive, enthusiasm and initiative
In return you can expect an excellent package and progression opportunities within a leading employer.Apply for this job.