Production Planning Manager (Castleblayney)
We are currently seeking a Production Planning Manager. You will be responsible for planning production through the factory to meet customer requirements whilst aiming for maximum efficiency in relation to the use of machinery, raw materials and labour.
The root to success in this role will be through strong understanding of factory production capabilities and critically strong working relationships with all relevant internal departments, suppliers and customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan and prepare daily production schedules for production of finished products
- Agree delivery schedules with suppliers to ensure availability of product to meet production requirements and to maximize efficiency at intake
- Analyse production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing and man-power requirements.
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department.
- Work closely with department supervisors to determine status of assigned plans
- Liaise with Production team to ensure that any issues, snags or other slow-down factors are identified
- Maintenance and continual improvement of the planning system
- Maintain key relationships with the Management Team, Line Managers and daily contact with staff at all levels / in all areas within the business
- Liaise with Sales and NPD teams to gather information on sales forecasts
- Ensure an accurate and detailed plan based on forecast is available at least one month in advance, in order for Commercial Sales and procurement requirements to be targeted and planned
- Close liaising with procurement manager and technical department on supplier non-compliance to specifications causing production deviations from plans
- Liaise with marketing and sales on promotional activities and exceptional production requirements
- Prepare daily / weekly production reports showing actual versus planned with explanations for all variances
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of purchase management system
- Assist in improving and developing the systems for planning and purchasing
- Responsible for ensuring all purchase orders are recorded accurately on SAP, including price and quantity
- Operational planning experience within a fresh food production environment.
- Expert in Excel and using it to plan
- Experience pulling info from other systems across to Excel, (Macro, SAP etc)
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Strong communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently internally & externally
- Good team working skills
- Able to work within an agreed established framework and cope with pressure, taking responsibility for decisions and owning the account plans.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to report accurately.
- Excellent people skills, ability to listen and accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Results Orientated with the ability to successfully defend against competitor threat.
- Relationship builder with the ability to build and develop strong personal relationships with the customer
- High levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical awareness.
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks.
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills together with the ability to identify and interpret market trends
Interested? Please send your CV via the link provided or call Padraig on 028 9009 9211 for a confidential chatApply for this job.