Production Planning Manager (Monaghan)
Job Title: Production Planning Manager (Monaghan)
Our client are a leading FMCG firm operating throughout Ireland who require an experienced Production Planning Manager for their facility in the Monaghan area.
Production Planning Manager; The Role:
You will be responsible for planning production through the factory to meet customer requirements whilst aiming for maximum efficiency in relation to the use of machinery, raw materials and labour. The root to success in this role will be through strong understanding of factory production capabilities and critically strong working relationships with all relevant internal departments, suppliers and customers.
Production Planning Manager; Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare daily production schedules for production of finished products.
- Agree delivery schedules with suppliers to ensure availability of product to meet production requirements and to maximize efficiency at intake.
- Analyse production specifications and plant capacity data to determine manufacturing and manpower requirements.
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department.
- Work closely with department supervisors to determine status of assigned plans.
- Liaise with Production team to ensure that any issues, snags or other slow-down factors are identified.
- Maintenance and continual improvement of the planning system.
- Maintain key relationships with the Management Team, Line Managers and daily contact with staff at all levels/in all areas within the business.
- Liaise with Sales and NPD teams to gather information on sales forecasts.
- Ensure an accurate and detailed plan based on forecast is available at least one month in advance, in order for Commercial Sales and procurement requirements to be targeted and planned.
- Close liaising with procurement manager and technical department on supplier non-compliance to specifications causing production deviations from plans.
- Liaise with marketing and sales on promotional activities and exceptional production requirements.
- Prepare daily/weekly production reports showing actual versus planned with explanations for all variances.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of purchase management system.
- Assist in improving and developing the systems for planning and purchasing.
- Responsible for ensuring all purchase orders are recorded accurately on SAP, including price and quantity.
Production Planning Manager; Essential Criteria:
- Operational planning experience within a fresh food production environment
- Experience in utilising Excel and using it to plan effectively.
- Experience pulling info from other systems across to Excel, (Macro, SAP etc.).
- Knowledge of purchase management systems, ERP & MRP systems.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Able to work within an agreed established framework and cope with pressure, taking responsibility for decisions and owning the account plans.
- Strong communication skills with the capability to communicate confidently internally & externally.
- Excellent people skills, ability to listen and accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Excellent analytical and numeric skills together with the ability to identify and interpret market trends.
Production Planning Manager: Desirable Criteria:
- Experience in; minimising production times, costs, compliance to recipe sheets, maximising production and resource efficiency.
Salary Range: Competitive sector rate – Negotiable DOE
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref Code: MS893648
The above role is just one of many vacancies that we presently have for Engineering and Manufacturing Professionals. We recommend that you send us your CV today, even if this particular role isn’t of interest to you. As we specialise only in Engineering; a number of our Engineering and Manufacturing Clients work with us exclusively, therefore you won’t find such vacancies anywhere else but with us!Apply for this job.