ProductionOperations Manager – evening Shift
Managing a large Team of Operatives, Production Operatives and team leaders
Hours of work 22:00-6:00
5 over 7 shift pattern
Salary 43K+20% Night shift Allowance
Plus 10% Annual Bonus
- Communicate and manage performance against KPI’s to Operations Team on a daily basis.
- Ensure stock (including packaging) is controlled effectively within the production environment.
- Monitor agreed processes to facilitate improvement
- Support Site Services to ensure that planned preventative schedules are achieved. Where defects arise ensure that they are assessed for safety and isolated as appropriate. Ensure that Defects are reported to Site Services for repair as they arise.
- Plan resources on the day as volumes/tasks dictate.
- Drive continuous improvement culture within the team.
- Ensure production plans are carried out to meet balanced goals safety, quality and efficiency
- Lead project teams as opportunities arise – delivering and sustaining results.
- Tenacity is a key behavioural requirement in this role.
- Drive and sustain clean as you go work practice
- Ensure departure times on dispatch are in line with daily targets
- Close collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ensure rosters are reviewed on a daily basis to achieve the above at all times
- Any other tasks as outlined by your manager
- Driving a customers and quality first culture within the team.
- Manage production to meet agreed deadlines and customer Delivery on time requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, open to new ideas and suggestions
- Manage performance of the team to achieve business targets
Health /Safety and Hygiene:
- Drive and improve the safety culture
- Support and initiate the safety initiatives
- Ensure all accident and near miss incidents are investigated fully and help establish preventative measures;
- Challenge unsafe actions/behaviours;
- Coach the Team to become more aware and owning of safety matters.
Person Specification / Core Competencies
- Experience in similar role within the food production industry
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to motivate large groups of people
- Experience in coaching and developing others to fulfil their potential
- Relevant Industry Qualifications advantageous
- Effective at self-management – you need to be able to prioritise/stay calm under pressure and lead the team through adversity
- Experience in Labour Resource Planning essential
- Experience in Production Scheduling essential
- Ability to work on own initiative on project based tasks
- Willingness to learn through coaching and formal training programs
- Comfortable managing a team of direct reports
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and proven problem solving skills
- Flexible working patterns over 5/7 days – evenings
- Professional disposition
- Must have Operational experience
- Must be from FMCG Background
- Must have superb man management skills
- Must demonstrate a methodology of how to drive lean process improvements
Please call Lyn Smith on Direct Dial: 02890 725619
Mobile: 07867339847 and send your CV through the linkApply for this job.