Job Title: Project Co-Ordinator
This is a full time position operating over Monday to Friday and an exciting time to join the R&D function of a market leading organisation. You will need experience in a similar role to apply for this position. A degree in Food Science and knowledge of a Supply Chain are also important for this role.
Purpose of Position
To co-ordinate and control activities within the area of Profit Improvement Process (PIPs) as identified through the Business and purchasing strategy.
- Deal with Profit Improvement Process (PIP) issues raised by all levels of the organisation and by Customers e.g. Cost recovery exercises.
- Implement profit improvement initiatives and improve factory processes to deliver value to the business.
- Build strong value adding relationships with suppliers and cross-functional departments.
- Provide the link between the site and the Central buying teams in terms of queries on project usage/pricing/specification/new product prices etc.
- Drive continuous improvement on raw materials working in conjunction with Supplier Approval Manager and Incoming Inspection team to ensure customer requirements and expectations of the components used within the product are delivered.
- Sign off any new ingredient/packaging from a Technical perspective once they are deemed acceptable for next stage approval. Check them against a similar item or investigate alternative source/route.
- Attend 1st productions of new materials at supplier facility to sign off new ingredients/meats as required.
- Maintain the site PIPS tracker document.
- Attendance at product handovers to ensure all ingredients used in new products are acceptable for the production/ process.
- Manage new ingredient introduction from NPD to NPI – consulting with Procurement to ensure new ingredients are fit for product/process/cost.
- Identification of potential price reductions by change of supplier/product specification. Contacting the supplier on technical information, delivery of samples, planning kitchen and line trials, feedback to suppliers and wider teams and internal site project team.
- Updating the Supply Chain and Finance teams of any proposed changes so as to minimise stock holding issues with older product and update product costing.
- Minimum of a Diploma in a Food Science or related subject.
- Sound working knowledge of Operations and Supply Chain interactions.
- Ability to plan ahead in conjunction with other team members to ensure smooth changeover of product introductions/systems updates.
- Working knowledge of purchasing basic, stock control practices and inventory control.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant Food Science or related discipline.
- Lean Knowledge: An understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacture is advantageous to delivering the requirements of the role.
- Awareness of current topical Food Safety issues, and the potential impact on customers and the overall business.