Vickerstock have been appointed to assist in the recruitment of Project Engineer for a large, established food manufacturer in the West Dublin area or Coleraine. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, this role will be responsible for the overall leadership, control and reporting of the business engineering programme (as defined), including feasibility, design, implementation and resourcing of projects, as well as procurement and vendor and services selection.
- Lead and manage multiple capital projects from inception through completion, developing detailed objectives and standards to meet project deadlines & deliverables, and ensuring that all budgetary guidelines are met
- Develop and document facilities/equipment specifications and utility requirements;
- Work closely with wider design team to ensure all business requirements are addressed
- Determine facility and equipment layouts
- Risk identification and resolution; opportunity & issues identification throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage project related installation/construction/commissioning activities at sites to ensure local site, national and European standards around Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations & Maintenance are met; and
- Develop and manage project budgets as required
- Support development of business manufacturing / engineering strategy
- Sourcing and management of suitable suppliers, and contractors efficiently and cost effectively.
- Input into the agreement & negotiation of future contracts
- Liaise with key stakeholders, both within the business and wider group
- Drive cross project knowledge on equipment/processes and responsible for best practice sharing and standardisation within and across businesses and region
- You will be involved in multiple projects, so do expect some travel with this role
- Minimum Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, MSc would be desirable
- 3+ years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience of the design and specification for facilities, equipment and processes
- Knowledge of ISO Design & Drafting Standards within a design & manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of EC Directives relating to equipment and plant operations and safety
- Experience of main IT packages in use such as Word/Excel/MS Project/ACAD/SAP
- Budget management including feasibility and delivery
For further information on the above role please contact Vickerstock on 02890 313720
Vickerstock is a specialist Construction and Engineering Recruitment Agency, working with leading employers across the sector we have ongoing requirements for similar positions within the Engineering sector. To discuss this and other opportunities call us now in complete confidence for a confidential discussion.Apply for this job.