ISSUED BY: HR Department
SUBJECT: Recruitment Advert – Project Manager
DATE: Thursday 26th January 2017
Lagan Construction International (part of the Lagan Construction Group) is now recruiting for a Project Manager
Company: Lagan Construction International
Job Type: Full-time – Permanent
Location: United Kingdom
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join the Lagan Construction Group to be based within the International division with projects in the UK & Ireland. This role holder will be responsible for the overall management of the projects to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of the Projects and lead the team within Lagan Construction International values and guidelines, while adding value and development to the International Business.
The candidate should display the following key competencies which are essential for the role:
- Leadership – Display a clear vision of project leadership
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Must demonstrate the ability to resolve problems and make accurate business decisions.
- Planning – Must possess the ability to plan ahead to achieve results.
- Flexibility and Initiative – Must demonstrate a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude towards the organisation and the achievement of objectives.
- Work Completion – Must display the drive and determination to complete work effectively and on time.
What you’ll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Lead construction of the project to ensure the project is adequately resourced and successfully delivered to scope, cost and quality.
- Ensure that project imperatives and stakeholder interfaces are clearly communicated and understood throughout the project and to others, as appropriate
- Provide direction, motivation and leadership to both internal staff on site and external consultants or supply chain partners engaged in providing support activities to the project.
- Responsible for all safety, health, environment and quality matters including driving excellence and championing continuous improvement
- Ensure project complies with Lagan’s procedures including delegated levels of authority
- Lead, review and challenge project budgets and forecast to ensure a consistent, challenging but deliverable approach is adopted
- Advise the International Director on project schedule activities and initiatives and present action plans and project delivery status updates to key customers and stakeholders
- Lead Delivery of the project, demonstrating a thorough understanding of associated processes and technology
- Implement the Lagan Business Management System, monitoring and control mechanisms, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and adherence to statutory and legal requirements and manage the projects risks and opportunities in line with company procedures
- Deploy appropriate and competent resources to all project management activity
- Actively seek out, drive and promote service excellence, best practice and continuous improvement initiatives
- Coach and motivate the project team and lead by example
- Implement Performance management regime to maximise team performance
- Ensure all services and installations are designed, built and certified to the required standards and that all functions are carried out in appropriate manner
- Review and approve project management plans, health and safety plans, environmental work package plans
- Promote a collaborative environment within the project team, considering Lagan Staff but also JV staff, Client and Suppliers.Promotes the identity and image of the company at all times
- Lead the project team in embracing Lagan Values
- Lead and Develop client relationships
- Ensures project demonstrates a respect for diverse and cultural differences that exist in the industry
- Understand strengths and weaknesses of team members and work with them to good effect
- Manage the Project and team to implement effective planning, problem-solving and decision making
- Demonstrate clear and visible leadership, with capacity to absorb responsibility and accountability whilst providing sensitive direction to others
- Remain effective when the situation is unclear, complicated or pressurised
What you’ll bring
As a Project Manager your main skills and experience will include:
- A degree in Construction, Engineering or related subject
- Substantial experience as a project manager within a Civil Engineering environment
- Proven Track record of leading large and complex Civil Engineering Projects
- Sets strategic direction and maintain sufficient awareness of detail and challenges
- Good understanding of Asphalt resurfacing/installations/commissioning
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating large project teams in demanding environments
- Ability to monitor performance and intervene appropriately to ensure targets are achieved and exceeded
- A good understanding of elements necessary to deliver effective supply chain management and support across the organisation
- Proven Project manager with decisive and entrenched engineering background
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to manage a team and for relationships with Clients
- The ability to motivate, lead and engage diverse teams with due consideration to employee development, succession and performance management.
- The ability to operate effectively and harness results through cross-functional teams.
- Good management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
- A strong communicator, comfortable interfacing with senior executives and external clientsIT literacy
- Previous experience as a Project Manager on Airport infrastructure project
- High level of employee focus, business pragmatism and understanding.
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer an attractive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Company Car/Car Allowance & Fuel Card
At Lagan Construction Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we’ll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we’ll do whatever we can to help.
To apply for this post please see our company website: www.laganconstructiongroup.com/careers/current-vacancies/
The closing date for completed applications is Thursday 9th February 2017 @ 12 Noon
LAGAN CONSTRUCTION GROUP LIMITED ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYERApply for this job.