Cpl are delighted to be working with a leading manufacturer in the north west to appoint a Project Manager.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the timely and cost-effective completion of automation projects, applying project management skills for leading, planning, executing, and control project schedules, cost, and performances risks. Determine and implement customer’s needs, effectively build and manage the project team. Overall responsibility for complete technical and commercial delivery of nominated projects.
- Ensure all projects and personnel are operating fully in accordance with Company Health and Safety processes and procedures.
- Achieve and better overall project budgetary requirements. Manage procurement and invoicing to ensure a favourable cash flow for the company.
- Responsible in all aspects for the Technical Delivery of the Project.
- Ensure that the customer is both kept informed and under control by maintaining a pro-active approach at all times
- Develop commercial specifications for sub contract works and the development of technical specifications for sub-contracted works and the management of the works such that the requisite delivery timescales and quality standards are achieved.
- Submission/Presentation of Progress Reports to the Management Team, Project Team and to the Customer.
- In conjunction with the Management Team further develop the strategy for maximising the commercial returns on the project. To be undertaken at outset of Project.
- In conjunction with the Management Team identify the obligations, both in terms of activities and timescales, of all parties – client, Sphere project staff, Sphere non-project staff & sub-contractors – involved in the delivery of the project.
- Scope Management
- Team Management
- Define and manage the quality objectives for the project, ensuring that they are appropriate to the client and project.
- Maximise business development opportunities with existing customers, report sales and business development opportunities for the sales/proposals department to follow-up.
- Manage company resource with assistance from the Management Team and other Project Managers to ensure all engineers are utilised productively at all times, and customer demands are met.
- Contract Management
- Minimum 3 years experience in Project Management .
- Degree Qualified (Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Engineering etc.) or relevant industry experience and qualification; HND, HNC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) and other tools (MS Visio, MS Project, SharePoint).
- Experience/Ability to schedule/plan multiple complex projects from concept through delivery
- Strong negotiating skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to Lead and work closely with Mechanical Engineers, Controls Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers during all project phases.
- Customer oriented, with the ability to present complex ideas and designs to a customer or non-technical audiences
- Formal Project Management qualification such as Prince
- Previous experience within some / all of the following areas; Conveyors, Materials Handling Systems, automated assembly machinery, machine building, industrial robotics, special purpose machinery or capital equipment.
For further information on this vacancy please apply via the link provided or contact Daithí McKay in the strictest confidence on 028 71867666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply for this job.