This is an exciting opportunity for a Project Management Professional to join a well-established company who provide specialist engineering installation and maintenance services to the wind farm industry in the UK, Ireland, Europe and Africa. This role provides the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing sectors within the construction industry.
Our Client is a specialist Wind Turbine Installation Contractor offering heavy cranage and mechanical/electrical services to the principal wind turbine suppliers in the market and to date they have erected over 4,800 wind turbines with an installed capacity in excess of 10GW. They are now recognised as the largest Wind Turbine Installation Contractor in the UK, with an increasing market share in the UK, Europe and beyond.
As a Project Manager you will be part of a core team responsible for the successful planning, management, resourcing and completion of specialist services. Previous industry experience is not required; you will be supported by a team who have all the knowledge and expertise in this field.
The successful candidate would be expected to have project management experience, with extremely strong communication skills, relationship leadership ability and a track record of project delivery.
The Candidate would:
- Plan, control and monitor projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Work with the team to facilitate the project goals, deliverable, required resources, budget and timing.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and field staff.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms.
- Work with the cost management team to provide initial and then detailed project estimates.
- Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution.
- Prepare regular status updates and presentations for Project Director and senior management.
- Prepare project plans and liaise with participants of the project for updates.
- Coordinate project phases and tracks progress.
- Track issues and risks and escalate as appropriate.
- Control and monitor project activities in accordance with our processes and project lifecycle.
- Work closely with external suppliers if or as required.
- Third level degree in any Business Management or Project Management related subject.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills are essential for this role.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential, as is the ability to multitask and work with field staff in diverse locations.
- Experienced in planning, controlling and monitoring projects to ensure projects are delivered on or within agreed schedules.
- Process driven with a focus on quality and product delivery.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams, meet tight deadlines and possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new disciplines.
- Flexible and be able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
If you feel this ‘Project Manager’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
If you wish to discuss the role in more detail please contact Anne or Michael on 0044 2890 312009.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.Apply for this job.