Project QHSE Advisor Construction and Fitout
Are you a Health & Safety Professional with experience of working on construction site projects, ideally with fit-out project experience? Would you like to work for one of the leading global contractors on an exciting project close to Blanchardstown?
Wellington Professional Recruitment is proud to be working in partnership with our client, an international company specialising in the construction of high value working environments for some of the world’s most famous brands. They retain their market leading position through the skills of their people, the quality of their processes and the sharing of in-depth industry knowledge.
Due to ongoing success they now have an exciting opportunity on a high profile construct and fit-out project in Dublin. This role is expected to last at least 12 months and a follow up project in Dublin is most likely. Reporting directly to the Site Project Manager, the successful candidate will provide support to project staff to ensure the safe and quality delivery of the project works.
Some typical responsibilities will include –
- Ensure compliance to Irish Safety, Health and Environmental statutory obligations
- Ensure implementation of SHEQ policies and procedures and carry our regular tool box talks to all site personnel
- Promote the adoption of industry best practice in SHEQ
- Review working practices on site to ensure the implementation of safe working practices and the adequacy of Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Stop works if necessary to control risk
- Report and elevation of issues to the Group SHEQ Director as required
- Ensure review of Preliminary H&S Plan / Pre-Construction Information
- Ensure the ongoing development and implementation of the project Construction Phase Plan
- Ensure the development and implementation of Safe Systems of Work for all company personnel and sub-contracting personnel
In order to be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar Health & Safety role within the construction sector with site experience of building or fit-out projects
- Formal H&S qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate
- Sound understanding of construction processes in building or fit-out projects
- Understanding of H&S and Environmental legislation
- Awareness of relevant management standards such as ISO 18001, 14001
- Excellent IT skills especially MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Strong business acumen and awareness of behavioural safety is also very important. NEBOSH Diploma certificate or Chartered status would be advantageous to your application but certainly not essential.
If you feel this exciting ‘Project QHSE Advisor – Dublin’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.Apply for this job.