Project Quantity Surveyor (Construction Fit Out)
As Project Quantity Surveyor on this €30m design and build project based in Blanchardstown, Dublin, you will be tasked with the delivery of a high spec, fast paced project for one of the top IT companies in the world.
Wellington Professional Recruitment is proud to be working in partnership with our client, an international company specialising in the construction of high value working environments for some of the world’s most famous brands. They retain their market leading position through the skills of their people, the quality of their processes and the sharing of in-depth industry knowledge. Due to on-going success they now have an exciting opportunity on a high profile data centre construct and fit-out project in Dublin. This role is expected to last at least 12 months and a follow up project in Dublin is most likely. Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager, the successful candidate will be based on site and be responsible for all commercial and contractual matters.
Some typical responsibilities will include –
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQ etc)
- Monitor and maximise cash flow.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and Consultancy Agreements)
- Act and ensure others are acting in the best commercial interests at all times.
- To act professionally at all times and promote the company’s best standards and practices.
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments.
In order to be considered for this exciting role you must have:
- Proven experience in a similar Quantity Surveyor role within the construction sector with experience of design and build / fit out projects.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Quantity Surveying.
- Excellent IT skills especially MS Office Outlook, Word and Excel
You will also have excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal. Strong business acumen and awareness of behavioural safety is also very important. Experience of working on Data Centre projects would be advantageous to your application but certainly not essential.
If you feel this exciting ‘Project Quantity Surveyor – Dublin’ role is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown and we will contact you upon receipt of your application to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail. Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.Apply for this job.