Energis is currently recruiting a Purchasing Manager for our manufacturing client based in Drogheda. Due to increased demand for their product the company are going through a significant period of growth, and this is a new role which will take responsibility for the entire purchasing function.
As Purchasing Manager you will ensure effective management, control and development of the supply-chain, procurement of materials and services, negotiating cost reductions and implementation of contracts with suppliers. You will lead the co-ordination of cost reduction opportunities and improvements within the supply chain whilst reviewing best in class technology and alternative supply options.
- Defining the sourcing strategy to ensure continuity of supply of materials to meet production and NPI plans
- Development and implementation of Procurement strategies
- Contract negotiation and management.
- Commodity tracking for core raw materials to keep business informed of trends and influencing ongoing contract negotiation.
- Procurement of materials required for ongoing production requirements and to meet sales and operations plans
- Responsible for the buying team to expedite materials ‘real-time’ to support volume manufacture; setting up Kanban and innovative logistics/supply models
- Sourcing of materials to meet NPI requirements
- Development of vendors to ensure that all deliverables; cost, quality, technical support, process control, logistics and the overall service levels are achieved and ongoing improvements sustained.
- Facilitate cost reduction activities to reduce overall bill of materials costs
- Develop information regarding critical suppliers including capacity & forecast, ordering method and supply plans
- Drive improvements in supplier source for materials and co-ordination of qualification plans with engineering teams for approval of new suppliers and parts
- Investigate alternative processes, technology offering and new suppliers internationally and benchmarking with competitors
- Minimum 5 years’ purchasing experience gained within a fast moving manufacturing environment
- Solid experience of multi geography supplier and vendor management processes and continuous improvement
- Experience of working within a Lean Manufacturing environment
- Capable of planning, executing and delivering related manufacturing campaigns within specified timeframes and project deadlines
- Fluent PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project.
Salary is in the region of €45 -50k depending on experience.
For further information or a confidential discussion please call us on +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.Apply for this job.