Purchasing Officer- Donegal-Permanent
Our client is a highly reputable and successful Engineering company with a portfolio of clients stretching across Ireland, The U.K., Europe and The U.S.A. where they service and cater to the large scale industrial and commercial markets. Due to continued growth and the increase in their workload, they wish to appoint an experienced and qualified Purchasing Officer, this role will be based at their plant in Co. Donegal.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this role will form an integral part of the Purchasing function in the achievement of departmental objectives. With a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management, the candidate will take a proactive approach in delivering on current systems and procedures, making recommendations and implementing changes for improvement. This role provides key administration support within the Purchasing team in managing ongoing suppliers of materials and components.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supporting the purchasing function to help achieve objectives required to aid production of existing and new product development.
· Assistance with the administration and controlling all the company’s external suppliers with particular emphasis on the purchase of Materials and finished parts for production.
· Ensure parts and materials are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time for production.
· Establish relationships with key suppliers who are aligned to the company’s needs.
· If required, identify new suppliers, agree terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
· Foster close working relationships with associated departments e.g. Sales, Engineering and Production.
· Material Costs – stringent material control are required to assure company targets are met. The includes spend, usage, scrap, inventory levels etc.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
· Minimum 3 year’s previous experience in a Purchasing role – preferably within an Engineering / Manufacturing environment.
· High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum).
· Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base.
· Able to bring a new dimension to procurement activities.
· Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques.
· Experience of Purchasing bespoke, manufactured parts including scheduled deliveries. Experience of working with MRP systems is essential.
· Management and coordination of Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery and Quality/performance.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert.
This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title. (Noted above)
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.
Apply for this job.