QA Supervisor – North Dublin- €37 000+
My client are a progressive food production company that are responsible for a number of well known brands and a number of private labels for major retailers in Ireland. They operate a modern facility in North Dublin and have a team of some of the best food technology professionals in the country. As a result of recent growth and additional projects with key customers, they require a QA supervisor to join their Technical Team.
Your role as QA Supervisor
- Managing and maintaining the quality standards agreed with the customer i.e. maintaining all finished product specifications and external customer specifications
- Maintain all Certificate of Analysis, Raw material specifications to ensure that material supplied complies with set out specifications
- Position is shift rotational over 3 shifts
- Maintain and manage finished product specifications
- Manage suppliers and required information
- Participate and lead Quality wall checks, Daily GMPs audits, daily glass audits
- Carry out fortnightly GMP audits, attend review and close out actions with responsible teams across shifts
- Provide the back up to ensure these standards are consistently achieved
- Communicate quality and food safety issues to shift production manager and co-ordinate and participate in how to resolve these issues
- Carry out specific training requirement as outlined by quality management systems
Your duties as QA Supervisor
- In conjunction with the production manager, to raise the operatives / supervisors awareness and effectiveness in producing high quality product fit for human consumption
- Maintaining and manage non-conformance logs, ensure log is fully up to date
- Reviewing and deciding on the disposition options for all materials on hold in conjunction with the production manager
- Identify root cause to production problems / issues, which impact product quality
- Review and communicate complaints.
- Lead and close out investigations into complaints to include root cause analysis using LSS tools
- Attend and lead tasting sessions, hold onto shelf life samples and taste product at the end of shelf life
- Send finished and raw material product samples out to external lab for analysis according to set schedule
- Manage results from external laboratory through analysis of results and implicating corrective actions of required
- Carry out start of shift metal detection and calibrated weight checks on all balances
HACCP and quality management systems
- Participating in HACCP and quality management systems
- Liaise with customers, customer’s representative and EHO’s regarding audits
- Conduct and close out internal audits
- Participate in external and customer audits and visits on site. E.g. BRC, AIB
- Ensure HACCP and quality management systems remain in-line with overall company requirements
- Ensure finished product is fit for consumption
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a forward thinking food producer who have made their mark on the global market. If you are a QA Supervisor and want to work amongst some of the best technical food professionals in Ireland, this is the role for you. Please contact Clare on 0044 2890 339968 for more information or apply via the link provided.
Apply for this job.