Quality Assurance Assistant
Reporting to Quality Manager
- Carrying out quality checks in the factory to ensure compliance
- Ensure all Quality parameters are met in production in line with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Work with the quality manager in ensuring all specifications, procedures and Quality Systems are maintained and implemented along with the Quality Manager
- Implement changes in the Quality Management System in line with BRC and Bord Bia Quality Standards
- Promote food safety and hygiene throughout the company and ensure that all staff are trained appropriately for their role
- Staff training
- Working in the on site laboratory carrying out detection of trichinella testing
- Preparing samples and collating all sample information to send meat to external laboratory for testing.
- Reading and signing off laboratory reports.
- Dealing with customer queries / complaints.
- To assist in the management of the approved Supplier databases, ensuring all aspects are kept up to date, including supplier approval certificates, specifications, agent and manufacturer details and back up supplier approval information
- To complete internal audits as per the auditing schedule and to ensure all non conformances are closed out
- A Food Science Diploma / Degree or related discipline
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for the food industry
Own transport would be essential
Please send your CV through the link to be considered for this positionApply for this job.