Quality Assurance Auditor
Quality Assurance Auditor: County Louth
Vickerstock are continuing to work exclusively in close partnership with our client in the food manufacturing and production sector for the recruitment of a Quality Auditor. Our client is a well-known and highly regarded company who are at the forefront of innovation and technical developments and due to further growth and expansion they are seeking to recruit a Quality Auditor to join their Technical Department.
The Quality Auditor will report into the Quality Manager and lead the QA Team within the goods in function on site, carrying out key Quality Audits of the process to ensure compliance with industry and internal regulations and standards.
The Quality Auditor will be responsible for the following duties within the role:
- Conduct Quality Assurance Audits within the goods in function on site
- Ensuring all deliveries as per the Goods In QAS list are assessed against the suppliers specifications
- To release all raw materials (ingredients and packaging) for use on site as per the release plan and specification
- Ensuring all retail sleeves are inspected and positively released to production; reporting any issues to stock control.
- Reporting any delivery non-conformances to the suppliers, via supplier complaints, and ensuring the suppliers take the appropriate corrective actions to avoid reoccurrences
- Ensuring the Goods In QAS list is maintained and updated according the deliveries and supplier delivery issues
- To ensure all substandard raw materials are rejected and not delivered to site (or return without being used)
- Working closely with the Purchasing Department and Group Supplier Assurance Manager in reporting and actioning any supplier/ingredient issues
- Development of the Goods In QAS procedure and sampling plan
- Implementation and development of supplier complaints database; trending and reporting
- Ensuring all key suppliers submit COA with each delivery; review of data and supply of data to QA Auditor when any complaints or micro positive issues received
- Working closely with the NPD department and Specifications Manager to ensure all ingredient/supplier specifications are detailed and accurate and meeting Finished Product specifications
- Working closely with the NPD department and Specifications Manager to ensure any new suppliers specifications are detailed and accurate
- Retention of samples of deliveries received as reference for future deliveries and to ensure consistency
- Informing production and stock control of any supplier/raw material issues so as not to hinder production or production schedules.
- Conducting hygiene and GMP audits and informing Goods In of any day to day issues.
- To observe the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies at all times.
The Quality Auditor must be able to demonstrate the following:
- 3 + years’ experience in a Quality Assurance function within the food manufacturing industry
- In depth knowledge and understanding of food production and manufacturing processes
- Diploma qualified or higher in a relatable subject
This is a full time permanent role and the hours of work are 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: €30k – €40k
Contact Martin Sim to discuss this, or other Quality & Technical job opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.Apply for this job.