Quality Assurance Manager
REPORTS TO: Quality & Compliance Manager
DEPUTY: Lab Technician/Quality Co-ordinator
- To ensure all finished products manufactured by the Dundalk plant meets both statutory and company policy requirements for Food Safety.
- To develop and implement Food Safety standards and guidelines which meet company policy requirements and both EU and Irish legislation.
- To develop, implement and maintain a HACCP system to achieve these standards.
- To provide Food Safety support to the Vendor Quality Improvement team, New Product Development, Operations, Purchasing teams & Senior Management within Dundalk.
- To ensure the Dundalk site is kept fully up to date with emerging legislation/guidelines by liaising closely with professional bodies i.e. FSAI, Leatherhead, CCFRA, QM, and Government Departments etc.
- Lead and support improvements in Sanitation.
- To provide Food Safety technical expertise by initiating and participating in plant-wide improvement programmes to drive constant improvement in achievement of the sites’ Key Performance Indicators.
- To set microbiological specifications & sampling plans for Raw Materials, Work-In-Process and Finished Product and monitor results to ensure they meet with both statutory and company policy requirements for Food Safety, Food Quality & Legality.
- To monitor & audit Food Safety, Food Hygiene and the factory Environment within the plant through specifying the standards & plans for microbiological analysis as well as for new process development, building design, new equipment.
- Development of QAS (Quality Attribute sheets) and technical sign off, point of contact for preparation and execution of WIBIT benchmarking tastings (travel required).
- To maintain productive working relationships with other key departments to ensure the objectives of Food Safety are met and provide support in relation to Food Safety.
- Build strong relationship internally with Commercial, R&D, Technical, Production and Process to ensure products get launched on time and within budget.
- Act as the main point of contact for the Customers on all matters to drive the business forward by ensuring compliance with relevant customer policies & requirements.
- Responsible for WIBIT benchmark tastings & attendance at attributes panels.
- To provide education and training for all plant staff on HACCP, GMP, Basic Food Handling and Food Safety according to legislation and guidelines from professional bodies along with induction for all new employees. Site lead for HACCP.
- Develop Microbiology & Technical team through relevant training and development programmes to include quality improvement work and feedback on progress through timely reviews.
- To ensure that the external microbiological laboratories used by the Dundalk plant operate to the required standards meeting both statutory and company policy requirements.
- Have direct responsibility for the site laboratory budget to ensure spend is kept within set budget limits and liaising with external laboratories/ laboratory suppliers in setting annual contracts.
- Ensure that you/and your team comply with all environmental health and safety regulations and standards on site.
- Must hold a degree or equivalent third level qualification in a Food Science/Technology/ Microbiology discipline
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of auditing, quality standards and systems, HACCP and knowledge of food safety legislation and guidelines
- Must have Management experience.
- Able to lead, motivate and develop a team of Microbiology Technicians
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to interface with all departments on site and external contacts.
- Pro-active, independent and able to operate without reference to senior management
Please send your CV through the link or call Lyn to discuss on 02890 339968Apply for this job.