Quality Assurance Supervisor
Quality Assurance Supervisor – Monaghan
Vickerstock are working in partnership with one of Irelands largest high risk food manufacturers who are seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor for one of their production sites located in County Monaghan that serve local and international customers with own brand and branded products. They have recently expanded their operation with heavy investment and growth.
Quality Assurance Supervisor: Overview
The successful applicant will report to the Quality Manager and work over an existing Quality Team to ensure that both product and process is in compliance with specification, customer requirements and current legislative protocols and have responsibility for supplier audits, quality audits and customer audits.
Quality Assurance Supervisor: Duties
- Through daily routine monitoring and verification ensure all products are produced to the required specifications, manufacturing practices and food hygiene legislation.
- Conduct regular hygiene audits, quality checks, label verification, system compliance checks, microbiological sampling, recording and trending.
- Provide technical support in the identification of non-compliance’s / deviations from the quality system and implement corrective actions and procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Investigating customer complaints and implementing corrective actions.
- Identify areas for improvement & work with teams to strive for a best in industry standard.
- Actively participate in quality improvement plans to enhance product quality, line efficiency, reducing raw material waste, line downtime and ultimately consumer complaints.
- Motivate the production teams to understand food safety & food quality and how this is incorporated into their daily duties.
- Ensure Quality KPI’s are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure the QMS is implemented, maintained and improved on where necessary.
- Be an active member of the NPD team.
- Prepare for, participate in and in some cases, lead customer visits & 3rd party audits.
- Champion the quality agenda on the site always.
Quality Assurance Supervisor: Essential Criteria
- Diploma or Degree in Food Science / Food Technology
- Internal Auditor trained
- In depth knowledge of company HACCP/ Quality Systems / BRC V7
Quality Assurance Supervisor: Desirable Criteria
- 2 years’ + experience in a High-Risk food manufacturing environment
- Experience in NPD or EPD is desirable
Salary: €35 – €40k + Bonus
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref: 113489Apply for this job.