Quality Assurance Technician
Quality Assurance Technician: Monaghan | €30k
Vickerstock are continuing to work exclusively in close partnership with our client in the food manufacturing and production sector for the recruitment of a Quality Assurance Technician. Our client is a well-known and highly regarded company who are at the forefront of innovation and technical developments and due to further growth and expansion they are seeking to recruit a Quality Assurance Technician to join their Technical Department.
The Quality Assurance Technician will report into the Quality Manager and Provide technical support to the Production Team to ensure current product quality & safety standards are maintained and enhanced where appropriate.
The Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Implementation and maintenance of HACCP and GMP systems
- To take ownership and manage Quality in the area
- Ensure quality product is produced at all times
- Liaise with cross functional departments and implement new procedures, improve standards/efficiencies.
- Delivery of agreed Key Performance Indicators.
- Review micro and chemical results internally and take appropriate action for any OOS results
- Monitoring and reporting of quality standards to the department Manager & QM.
- Working closely with Production Manager to implement corrective action and identify root cause of the problem to prevent any re-occurrence
- Monitoring of the production process in line with factory HACCP
- Ensure Traceability and mass balance is maintained within the department.
- Internal auditing.
- Support and participate in customer audits
- Complete training with production operators
- Key member of the Quality team and participate in monthly Quality team reporting back on KPI for your area
- Master of Scada system and CIP system in site
- Working on Customer Projects that may arise
- Lead HACCP walk checks, glass audits, Hygiene checks and monthly hygiene and GMP audits and take appropriate action when issues are identified
- Liaising with specialist contractors and service providers eg. Pest Control, Calibration,
- Control of non-conforming product, including placing on hold, review and release as appropriate
The Quality Assurance Technician must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Diploma or higher in a Food Science related subject.
- Robust understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management Systems
- Experience of designing, implementing, monitoring and improving quality controls
- Robust knowledge of the BRC Global Food Standard and specific customer standards as they apply.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position within the food manufacturing industry
This is a full time permanent role and the hours of work are 8.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday.
Salary: €30k – €35k
Contact Martin Sim to discuss this, or other Quality & Technical job opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.Apply for this job.