Quality Auditor | Louth
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a locally based and well know FMCG food manufacturing and production company who produce both private label and own brand products into top UK & Ireland retailers. They are seeking to take on a Quality Auditor due to a promotion within the Quality Department.
Quality Auditor: Overview
To audit all stages of the manufacturing process to ensure control of critical & quality control points as outlined in the Site HACCP / & ensure compliance with National & EU regulations.
To lead & support quality improvement initiatives so as to achieve departmental & business key performance indicator goals.
Quality Auditor: Duties
- Audit the manufacturing process from goods intake, to finished product dispatch including the engineering team.
- Provide technical online support in the identification of non-conformance and deviations from the quality system
- Make decisions for the improvement and control of product quality at all stages of the manufacturing process
- Identify improvement area & work with cross-functional teams to drive forward continuous improvement.
- To communicate non-conformances to process co-ordinators and supervisors and actively work with and give technical advice on problem solving and devise methods to prevent reoccurrence of such problems
- Motivate the production teams to understand food safety & food quality & underlying issues with certain products & have a detailed knowledge of consumer complaint drivers.
- Knowledge of legal implications of releasing sub-standard product and associated decision making. Quarantine sub-standard product & give technical advice limiting the extent of the quarantine. Accurately filling in quarantine paperwork & system updates.
- To actively participate in quality improvement plans thus enhancing product quality, line efficiency, reducing raw material waste, line downtime and ultimately consumer complaints
- Work with production teams to achieve all KPI targets as set out, also to give advice on how to improve scores. Monitoring the KPI score through the monthly reports on excel.
- Work with technical development on all line trials.
- Investigate Quality incidents to obtain effective Corrective action & preventative action.
- Ensure that you/and your team comply with all environmental health and safety regulations and standards on site. Through your actions ensure compliance to safe working practices from implementation through to positive enforcement/re-enforcement both personally and with your team
- The Jobholder must take responsibility for the implementation, maintenance and improvement of Quality & Safety codes that support particular area of ownership
Quality Auditor: Essential Criteria
- Diploma or higher in a Food Science related subject
- 1 + years’ experience in an FMCG Quality role
- Experience conducting audits in a food manufacturing environment
Salary: €30k – €35k DOE
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref: 894590Apply for this job.