Quality Controller | Monaghan
Vickerstock are working in partnership with one of Irelands largest high risk food manufacturers who are seeking a Quality Controller for one of their production sites located in County Monaghan that serve local and international customers with own brand and branded products. They have recently expanded their operation with heavy investment and are seeking an experienced Quality Controller to join their team.
Quality Controller: Overview
The successful applicant will report to the Senior Quality Manager and work over an existing Quality Team to ensure that both product and process is in compliance with specification, customer requirements and current legislative protocols and have responsibility for supplier audits, quality audits and customer audits.
Quality Controller: Duties
- Ensure all products are produced (both on and off farm) to the required specifications, manufacturing practices and food hygiene legislation – Food Safety is paramount
- Provide technical support in the identification of non-compliance’s / deviations from the quality system and implement corrective actions and procedures to prevent reoccurrence
- Handling customer complaints and implementing corrective action
- Identify areas for improvement & work with teams to strive for a best in industry standard
- Acknowledge and introduce all new products and policies in conjunction with the Quality/Technical team
- Actively participate in quality improvement plans to enhance product quality, line efficiency, reducing raw material waste, line downtime and ultimately consumer complaints
- Motivate the production teams to understand food safety & food quality & underlying issues with certain products & have a detailed knowledge of consumer complaint drivers
- Ensure Quality KPI’s are achieved and maintained
- The Jobholder must support the implementation, maintenance and improvement of Quality & Safety codes that support area of ownership
- Be an active member of the NPD team
Quality Controller: Essential Criteria
- Diploma / Degree in Food Science / Food Technology
- Experience in NPD or EPD is desirable
- Internal Auditor trained
- In depth knowledge of company HACCP/ Quality System.
Quality Controller: Desirable Criteria
- Minimum three years’ experience in a High-Risk food manufacturing environment
Salary: €40k + Bonus
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref: 894311AApply for this job.