Quality Controller / Technician
We are currently seeking to recruit a Quality Controller / Technician to join a leading food producer in County Monaghan. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the country’s leading niche food producers at a time of investment and expansion.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be responsible for working within a team and ensuring that both product and processes are in compliance with specification, statutory obligations & customer requirements. This will include Supplier audits, Quality audits and Customer audits. Duties will include;
- Ensure all products are produced (both on and off farm) to the required specifications, manufacturing practices and food hygiene legislation
- Provide technical support in the identification of non compliance’s / deviations from the quality system and implement corrective actions and procedures to prevent reoccurrence
- Handling customer complaints and implementing corrective action
- Identify areas for improvement & work with teams to strive for a best in industry standard
- Acknowledge and introduce all new products and policies in conjunction with the Quality/Technical team
- Actively participate in quality improvement plans to enhance product quality, line efficiency, reducing raw material waste, line downtime and ultimately consumer complaints
- Motivate the production teams to understand food safety & food quality & underlying issues with certain products & have a detailed knowledge of consumer complaint drivers
- Assume the technical support role as required
- The Jobholder must support the implementation, maintenance and improvement of Quality & Safety codes that support particular area of ownership
You will be able to demonstrate;
A 3rd level qualification in a food related discipline with at least 18 months / 2 years experience gained within a food manufacturing / process environment (placements and intern experience considered), additionally you will be able to demonstrate;
- Internal Auditing Training
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised
- Good time management, planning and organisational skills
- In depth knowledge of company HACCP/ Quality System.
In return you can expect a generous package and progression opportunities.Apply for this job.