Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Job Title: Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
Our client are a leading OEM within the renewables sector, they operate internationally and are based locally in the County Down / Louth area. Due to growth and expansion they are now seeking to take on a QEHS Manager on a full time basis based at their head office.
QEHS Manager; Reporting to:
This is a key Quality role within the company and the QEHS Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety strategy, policy and procedure formulation and implementation across the business.
QEHS Manager; Responsibilities
- Supplier quality assessment and qualification.
- Key interface with the project management team and operations on a daily basis in relation to cross-project/business planning, risk management and assessment.
- Lead the development and implementation of the business processes necessary to ensure successful implementation of QMS throughout all areas of the business.
- Responsible for the management, coordination and the closure of deviations initiated during production.
- Responsible for coordination the development and execution of equipment validation / qualifications (IQ, OQ, & PQ) including the inspection and sampling plans.
- Development and implementation of process sampling plans, procedures and statistical techniques.
- Conduct internal training on quality assurance concepts, tools and procedures to all personnel within the organisation.
- Ensure outputs of studies are incorporated to relevant commercial documentation
- Management of quality department and responsibility for people management and development within that.
- Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Management of local and remote facilities from a H&S perspective as well as local and remote office locations.
- Ensure continuous improvement of effective Health & Safety systems, programs, processes and standards.
- Ownership of H&S Risk Assessments, inspections, reviews and audits. Gather the results, coordinate and implement an action plan.
- Work with all internal departments in ensuring risk assessments and method statements are suitable and legally compliant.
- Carry out site based health and safety tours, inspections and inductions.
- Distribution of safety communications including safety alerts and industry related standards.
- Identify and manage company H&S training and equipment/PPE provisions.
- Carry out accident / incident investigations and implement findings.
- Preparation of monthly site H&S reports highlighting both leading and lagging indicators.
- Ensure compliance of all Health and Safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Establish and chair the Health & Safety Committee for the company, and report regularly to the Board of Directors on company H&S/Risk issues.
- Represent on the various statutory and industry-specific forums and working groups to ensure that we are aligned with the latest developments within our industry sector.
- Form a close working relationship with the H&S teams of our Customers and JV Partners and participate as required in commercial bid submissions.
QEHS Manager: Essential Criteria
- 6 years + experience in a similar Quality, Health & Safety role.
- Recognised Qualification in Health & Safety.
- Health & Safety / Quality Qualification.
- Current member of IOSH.
- Willingness to travel on a frequent basis.
- Previous project management experience.
- Previous experience in a heavy engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in reading/interpreting technical drawings.
QEHS Manager: Desirable Criteria
- Degree in relatable subject (Mechanical/Electrical Engineering).
- Knowledge of the offshore engineering sector.
- Chartership of IOSH or working towards.
Salary Range: £45k – £55k + Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Discounts and Corporate Bonuses.
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref Code: MS893690
The above role is just one of many vacancies that we presently have for Engineering and Manufacturing Professionals. We recommend that you send us your CV today, even if this particular role isn’t of interest to you. As we specialise only in Engineering; a number of our Engineering and Manufacturing Clients work with us exclusively, therefore you won’t find such vacancies anywhere else but with us!Apply for this job.