Vickerstock Recruitment has been appointed as a preferred supplier, to assist our client who is a global food organization who are based between Limerick and Cork with over 20,000 employees and with an annual turnover in excess of €5 billion. A company who is responsible for some of Ireland and the UK’s best known brands, this business is a leading producer of products such as chilled and frozen ready meals, cooked meats and dairy products.
Provide technical support to the production team on night shift to ensure current product quality & safety standards are maintained and enhanced where appropriate.
Working with the Production Management team to build relationships, develop trust and promote a quality first culture thus enabling the effective and sustainable transfer of Quality responsibilities to the night shift through a programme of education and training.
1 year experience required for this role, recent graduates are also welcome
- 20 Days holidays and 9 Public Holidays
- The opportunity to work for an established company who is training and development focused, always favouring you (the employee) from a career growth perspective
- Standardise all structures, work, training, procedures & records in line with the factory H.A.C.C.P. and lean manufacturing principles. To ensure all customer, third party auditor and external body requirements are incorporated fully into standardised work. To ensure all standardised work is conducted in a hygienic, safe manner in line with Best Manufacturing Practice in the food industry. To continuously strive for 100% Right First manufacturing.
- Utilise the A3 Problem Solving tool as a means to addressing the root cause of quality problems and continually improve quality performance against set Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that Quality Control standards set within the production stream are adhered to through meaningful T-card documented Layered Confirmations.
- Facilitate the dispersal of all relevant quality information in a useable format to all points of use within the production stream
- Provide timely information on quality KPIs (consumer complaints, process and hygiene audit scores, N.P.D. launches etc) and their trends in a standardised format (through VS meetings and display boards) to the production stream to maintain focus and enable continuous improvement.
- Perform routine factory-based food safety /quality standards inspections including: Cleaning inspection Pre-start, Line Start up inspection, Fabrication Inspection, Glass Integrity Checks, Foreign Body Inspections and GMP Audits
- Collects, analyses, and interprets data to draw key conclusions that aid in decision making and day-to-day operations.
- Ensuring all areas are audited to 5S Standard and corrective actions are completed in a timely manner. Red Pen Audits carried out on all paperwork and ensuring production streams are compliant with relevant Standard Procedures
- Administrator of the SCADA system and monitoring that all CCP’s and CIP (Cleaing in Place) parameters are met. Routinely audit the system and carry out verifications
- Diploma or higher in a Food Science related subject
- Proven track record in a Quality role
- Proficient in word/excel/trend analysis
- Robust understanding of Food Safety and Quality Management System
- An understanding of the principles and tools of Lean manufacturing
- knowledge of the BRC Global Food Standard and specific customer standards as they apply
- H & S Risk Assessment Trained
- Experience of designing, implementing, monitoring and improving quality controls
Job ref: HN893996
The above role is just one of many vacancies that we presently have for Engineering and Manufacturing Professionals. We recommend that you send us your CV today, even if this particular role isn’t of interest to you. As we specialise only in Engineering; a number of our Engineering and Manufacturing Clients work with us exclusively, therefore you won’t find such vacancies anywhere else but with us!Apply for this job.