Working closely with the Innovation Manager and Production Manager, the Quality Supervisor is responsible for implementing and management of the day to day running of the quality management system throughout the organisation. The purpose of the role is also to contribute in a positive way to the overall strategic development of the company.
- To manage and implement the food safety and Quality Management System in the plant so as to assure the delivery of food safe products that meet and exceed the specifications and needs of the customer in a cost effective manner
- Develop and lead a plant QA team that will focus on compliance, issue prevention, performance measurement, root cause problem solving, attention to detail and team working ensuring 100% safe food
- To ensure that all staff understand the Quality Policy, Hygiene policy and Food Safety Policy
- To ensure that the companies practices and processes are totally compliant with all food legislation, regulatory and sanitation standards. To ensure that all customer standards are also adhered to.
- To ensure through the Quality Assurance team that all Audits are successful and that any Corrective Actions are carried out effectively
- To initiate corrective actions for all daily non conformances with objective to reduce the number of non conformances and continuously improve
- To plan, schedule, monitor and report overall progress
- To work effectively with all functional managers and team leaders as well as the Production Manager to achieve company goals
- To liaise with Customers and Veterinary Inspectors in terms of Quality Assurance Policy and Plans
- Preparation and reporting on the performance of the Food Safety and Quality system to Managing Director.
- Lead the resolution of product complaints, non-conformances, and customer queries
- Responsible for keeping product labels compliant and keeping product specifications current.
- As a lead member of the HACCP team, implement HACCP on an ongoing basis, to include new products and processes. Ensuring the principles of HACCP are used to produce high quality product which is safe for human consumption
- To perform other duties as directed by the Managing Director from time to time
- Working as part of a highly motivated team and will assist in achieving the high quality standards required
Experience in Food Industry (at least 2 years in supervisory position within quality team)
Good knowledge of HACCP and GMP
Total Quality Management experience
Demonstrated skills in judgement and sound decision making
Good knowledge of BRC standard, food safety legislation and Customer standards
Organization and Planning
Ability to put a programme in place to continually update all policies and procedures and ensure effective implementation.
Recognising what areas are most important and prioritising work while always having the objective to produce safe food that is best in class.
Managing time and using resources available to complete all jobs.
Demonstrated skills in organising work, setting priorities and planning ahead
To be able to communicate all quality policies throughout the organisation to ensure that all staff understand that the ultimate goal is to produce safe food that is best in class.
To be able to articulate and implement Best Practice standards in quality requirements and process.
To be able to demonstrate the issues of the Quality department through reporting and then implementing a plan to improve overall performance
To be able to liaise with other departments within the organisation and also with customers.
Demonstrate skills to work with a variety of people with differences in communication styles and learning styles. Active listening and effective speaking.
Energy and Drive
Ability to work in a challenging environment..
Demonstrate skill in working towards goal despite encountering obstacles.
Competently solve problems and promptly implement effective solutions.
Deal effectively with non routine as well as routine problems.
Focus on commitment and leadership in role.
Contribute to a motivated work environment.
To be considered please send your CV though the link or call Lyn on 02890 339968