Quality Systems Engineer
Quality Systems Engineer – Dundalk – €45k – €50k
Job Title: Quality Systems Engineer
Our client are a leading OEM within the renewables / heavy engineering sector, they operate internationally and are based locally in the Dundalk area. Due to growth and expansion they are now seeking to take on a Quality Systems Engineer on a full time basis based at their head office.
Quality Systems Engineer; Reporting to:
This is a key Quality role within the company and the Quality Systems Engineer will report directly to the QEHS Manager, you will ensure that the Quality Management System requirements, component supply, and manufacturing process requirements are met.
The Quality Systems Engineer must ensure that each process step is completed, approved and recorded by the process step owner(s) and that Quality verification “hold” points are completed and enforced per the plan. In addition, the person will also provide support for supplier Quality with regard to supplier evaluation, qualification, performance & other associated quality management tasks.
Quality Systems Engineer; Responsibilities
- Adherence with all company H&S policies, ensuring that Quality practices and processes reflect all relevant H&S standards.
- Generating and maintaining all records within the scope of the Quality function as required by the Internal Management System.
- Ownership of the quality aspects of designated component supply, ensuring that all process steps are completed per control plan arrangements and specifications have been met.
- Take responsibility for the generation and closure of Non-Conformance Reports / Deviations initiated during supplier fabrication / in-process inspection / production / audit programs.
- Participation in the process of developing and executing equipment validation / qualifications / calibration (FAT / SAT) including the inspection and sampling plans.
- Participate in “lessons learned” activities to ensure continuous improvement of product & processes.
- Maintenance of KPI’s, sampling plans, procedures and statistical techniques as required.
- Conduct internal training on quality assurance and control concepts, tools and procedures to all personnel within the organisation.
- Interface with the engineering design team on day to day quality related issues and ECN review
Quality Systems Engineer: Essential Criteria
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior manufacturing or engineering role in a similar position
- Experience of working with the quality systems and standards e.g. ISO 9001
- Capable of working as part of a multi discipline team
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varying workload in accordance with critical deadlines
- Must be able to deliver ease of communication within a difficult environment
- Read, analyse, and interpret complex technical documents and manuals
- Displays innovative lateral thinking, but within a compliancy framework
- Experience of supplier/ internal and surveillance audits
- High level of computer literacy
Quality Systems Engineer: Desirable Criteria
- Experience in working in Health & Safety management to OHSAS 18001 standards to ensure that quality practices and processes reflect all relevant H&S standards
- Membership of professional body or working towards one
- Prior experience or knowledge of working in an R&D manufacturing environment
Salary Range: £35k – £40k + Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Discounts and Corporate Bonuses.
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref Code: 893767
The above role is just one of many vacancies that we presently have for Engineering and Manufacturing Professionals. We recommend that you send us your CV today, even if this particular role isn’t of interest to you. As we specialise only in Engineering; a number of our Engineering and Manufacturing Clients work with us exclusively, therefore you won’t find such vacancies anywhere else but with us!Apply for this job.