Quality Technician – Monaghan
Our client is one of Ireland’s largest and longest established high risk FMCG manufacturers. Located in Monaghan, they employ approx. 60 people across two production sites and serve local, national, UK and Middle East markets with branded and own brand sales. They have recently expanded the business with a €1m investment in a high risk operation and are seeking an experienced Quality Technician to join their team.
Quality Technician: Overview
The role requires an energetic and dynamic person who can work well unsupervised and on their own initiative. The candidate will report to the Quality Manager and will work alongside an existing team to ensure that both product and process meet specification, statutory obligations & customer requirements. The Quality Technician will be responsible for controlling the day to day quality activities of the site in addition to maintaining and improving the sites Quality Management System.
Quality Technician: Duties
- Through daily routine monitoring and verification ensure all products are produced to the required specifications, manufacturing practices and food hygiene legislation.
- Conduct regular hygiene audits, quality checks, label verification, system compliance checks, microbiological sampling, recording and trending.
- Provide technical support in the identification of non-compliance’s / deviations from the quality system and implement corrective actions and procedures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Investigating customer complaints and implementing corrective actions.
- Identify areas for improvement & work with teams to strive for a best in industry standard.
- Actively participate in quality improvement plans to enhance product quality, line efficiency, reducing raw material waste, line downtime and ultimately consumer complaints.
- Motivate the production teams to understand food safety & food quality and how this is incorporated into their daily duties.
- Ensure Quality KPI’s are achieved and maintained.
- Ensure the QMS is implemented, maintained and improved on where necessary.
- Be an active member of the NPD team.
- Prepare for, participate in and in some cases, lead customer visits & 3rd party audits.
- Champion the quality agenda on the site always.
Quality Technician: Essential Criteria
- Diploma or Degree in Food Science / Food Technology
- Internal Auditor trained
- In depth knowledge of company HACCP/ Quality Systems / BRC V7
Quality Technician: Desirable Criteria
- Experience in a High-Risk food manufacturing environment
- Experience in NPD or EPD is desirable
Salary: €30 – €40k + bonus
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref: 9843110Apply for this job.