Quality Technologist (27-30k Co Monaghan)
Quality Technologist (€27-30k Co Monaghan)
On behalf of our client, a leading food manufacturer in Co Monaghan, Vickerstock have been asked to assist in the appointment of a Quality Technologist for their Monaghan premises. This is a role for a candidate at the beginning of their career who wants to build and develop their experience within the Quality department of a major player in the Irish food industry. Hours of Work: 8:00am-5pm Monday-Friday
Quality Technologist – The main scope of the role: Is to ensure that all raw materials meet the standards required with regards to Quality, Customer Specifications and legal compliance.
Quality Technologist – Job Duties:
- Approve packaging and raw material specifications
- Risk assessments and evaluations of all raw materials and packaging
- Deal with technical issues related to raw material ingredients or packaging
- Share ‘Best Practices’ across the team
- Build relationships with key suppliers
- Provision of all documentation prior to release of new products
- The review of new Customer Technical Policies in relation to raw materials and packaging to ensure compliance
- Ensure that all ingredients, raw materials and packaging meet legal and customer technical requirements
- Product quality of all relevant raw materials/packaging
- Involvement with customer technical visits and first production runs and resolution of any issues where necessary
Quality Technologist – Essential Criteria:
- 3rd Level diploma or above qualification in Food Science or a related subject
- Minimum of 6mths experience in a Quality department within the food industry
- Excellent presentation and people skills
- Awareness of current topical food safety issues
Quality Technologist – Preferred Criteria:
- Knowledge of current legislation, relevant to food manufacturing and product labelling
- Proven track record in a similar role in a high-risk food environment with good customer & supplier relations.
- Experience of dealing with UK & Irish multiples,
- Exposure and a good awareness of 3rd party accreditation bodies EFSIS/BRC.
- Lean Knowledge: An understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacture
Quality Technologist – Similar related roles are: Specifications Technologist, Technologist, Graduate, Food Science Graduate,
Salary Range: €27-30k Euro
Ref Code: KO 893829
VickerStock Recruitment is a specialist, focused on engineering roles throughout Europe. Our NI division has over 20 years of experience recruiting for the engineering sector. For additional information on this vacancy and other engineering opportunities contact us on 02890313720 or send a current updated CV in strict confidence using the link below.Apply for this job.