Quantity Surveyor – Marine
Who you’ll be working for:
A leading Irish Main Contractor, currently working on heavy civil projects across Ireland, including, Civil , Building and Marine Engineering, currently have an opportunity for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a strong civil back round, to join them on an initial project in Dublin Port.
What you’ll need to have:
The successful candidate will have a degree in Civil Engineering / Quantity Surveying, 4-5 years + experience as a QS / PQS, with ideally experience of marine works.
They will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
What you’ll be doing:
This initial Framework project, (Marine) will take a year to complete, with a value of €15M, along with other projects that have been tendered for in the Dublin area.
The successful candidate will take full responsibility for all plans, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation on site.
- On-site measurement and measurement of drawings as required
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Feasibility studies of clients requests
- Preparation of Subcontracts
- Analysing sub-contractors quotations
- Preparation and agreeing variation account
- Preparation and agreeing of interim valuations and final accounts
- Prepare and issue certification for contract payments to sub-contractors
- Providing evidence for resolution of disputes
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
What you’ll get in return:
Basic salary will be around €60,000, depending on experience and abilities of the successful candidate, along with a full package put in place.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV to Cathal McKeever, or call us now on +44(0)7724790015
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Health & Safety managers, project managers, construction managers, site engineers, quantity surveyors, civil engineers, estimators, buyers, bid managers and site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.Apply for this job.