Company/Division: Lagan Construction Group Limited
Job type: Permanent – Full Time
Lagan Construction Group is a private family owned construction and asset management business founded on more than 50 years’ experience. We work across Ireland, the UK and internationally.
Our Vision is to be a diverse family owned construction and asset management business that will grow to be the most respected in the industry. Our mission is to provide construction and asset management solutions in an environment where people feel safe, secure and valued.
Lagan Construction Group are now recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor.
To efficiently and effectively provide professional surveying support to the Project Manager and his management team, implementing commercial processes and systems on projects, from tender stage to final account.
What you’ll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive
- Compliance with Health & Safety Regulations
- Provide commercial links between Site Agents, Project Managers and Senior Quantity Surveyors / Commercial Managers
- To ensure commercial security and control of contracts under tender and throughout the project including execution and delivery
- External liaison with suppliers and customers regarding project progress and contractual issues
- Production of commercial reports at intervals to be advised
- Risk analysis and control
- Dispute resolution and arbitration
- Awareness of the estimating process and budget control
- To promote equality of opportunity throughout the Company
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as required
What you’ll bring
Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related discipline
At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role preferably within a Civil Engineering Company
Relevant experience or qualification in contract law
Commercially aware of economies and efficiencies
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fullyflexibleregardingtravel,preparedtotraveltositelocations within the UK and Ireland
Full valid driving licence
IT literate in all Microsoft Office applications
Experience of supervising/mentoring engineering teams
CSR/CSCS Qualification or equivalent
Experience of using AutoCAD or other equivalent software
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
Employer Pension Contribution
Discretionary Bonus Scheme
Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
Health Cash Plans
Cycle to Work Scheme
Company Car/Car Allowance & Fuel Card
Private Medical Healthcare
Why work for us
Check out the Careers section of our Website for more information!
At Lagan Construction Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we’ll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we’ll do whatever we can to help.
We wish you every success in your application to join Lagan Construction Group.
LAGAN CONSTRUCTION GROUP LIMITED ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYERApply for this job.