R&D Design Engineer
Vickerstock are now working with a leading supplier in the medical device industry to recruit a design engineer for their research and development team.
This is an important position within the wider Design Services group and will offer the successful design engineer the opportunity to work across the business within a number of exciting research and development projects taking products from initial concept through to commercialisation.
Reporting to the R&D Project manager the successful design engineer will have a range of responsibilities that include:
- Working on all elements of the Research & Development of projects from concept generation through to design verification
- Assisting the Project Manager the development of intellectual property generated through the Research & Development activities
- Implementing leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution
- The design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze; carrying out Design Freeze & Design Verification testing in accordance with documented plans and protocols
- A 3rd level engineering qualification
- 3+ years’ industry experience in medical product development
- Experience of FMEA and conducting verification and validations for medical devices
- Familiarity with tools such as DOE, SPC Minitab etc
- Proficient in the development of test methods and associated product testing
Consultant: Patrick McIlveen
For further information on this Design role contact us on +353 (0)16968388 or send a current CV using the link below in strict confidence. If this role isn’t suitable, we may have a position within project engineering or design engineering that is, don’t hesitate to get in touch to see what other positions we have available
Vickerstock operates as both an employment agency and employment business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless race, age, sex, disability or religious belief. All applications are handled in strict confidence. For further information on the services we supply please visit our websiteApply for this job.