Research & Development/NPD Manager
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: The General Manager
JOB PURPOSE/PRIMARY OBJECTIVE
With the belief that our people are our biggest asset, this is an exciting time to join the business and this role offers an opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate looking to develop their career to contribute significantly to the growth and development of the company.
The role is responsible for:
1. New Product Development (NPD) projects from concept to launch and Existing Product Development (EPD).
2. Research, Technology and Innovation aimed at strategically moving the business forward ahead of its competitors.
Responsibilities; to be discharged through direct action and effective leadership of and delegation to the R&D Team; include, but are not limited to the following:
NPD & EPD
• Development of concepts and new products for the business, including recipe and menu ideas
• To manage or oversee the critical path process for all developments
• To chair and manage the operation of the R&D Funnel and Stage Gate processes.
• Product presentations to internal and external customers.
• Recipe and application development; preparation and distribution of product samples in a timely fashion to meet customer needs.
• To conduct line trials for new products and processes.
• To evaluate all product launches and oversee the handover to Technical and Production Colleagues.
• To participate in the evaluation of current products/processes and suggest improvements & implementation plans.
• To liaise with existing and potential new suppliers and your Purchasing Manager colleague to source ingredients, components and raw materials.
• To ensure specifications for new materials and components for all NPD / EPD projects are correct.
• To interact with the Technical team to ensure the checking and approval of labeling and packaging of new products.
• To coordinate organoleptic and microbiological shelf life analysis.
• Development of cooking instructions & nutritional analysis.
• To liaise with the Technical team to ensure that food safety quality and legislative requirements are achieved within the development process.
• To train internal expert taste panelists, to maintain and monitor the panel.
• To interact with Sales and Marketing colleagues to use the R&D processes to grow company turnover and profitability.
• You will manage a team of four to five technologists; an important goal is to provide and oversee the execution of a development plan for each Food Technologist within the team.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE:
• You will hold a relevant 3rd level qualification in a Food Science related subject
• You must have at least 7 years previous experience within an innovative organization working in New Product Development and ideally as a Manager.
• You must have excellent IT skills and able to use Microsoft Office in a proficient manner
• Experience of managing projects from concept to launch is essential
• Ability to work to strict deadlines within a fast paced environment is important
To be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Lyn on 02890 330250 in confidenceApply for this job.