Retirement Benefit Analyst
Retirement Benefit Analyst
Abacus Professional Recruitment have an exciting opportunity for a Retirement Benefit Analyst to join an excellent business and technology operation in Letterkenny. Our client is unique in that they not only offer an excellent salary and benefits package, but also offer great learning opportunities and a supportive management team.
- Support the range of clients administered by Defined Benefit Operations team
- Analyse and understand client specific benefit design features, including actuarial factors
- Prepare Excel based spreadsheet benefit calculation models that link in with the administration system
- Test and maintain these calculators as a check of output from administration in-built systems
- Work closely with colleagues in the US and Ireland to gain a sound understanding of the Defined Benefit client base, administration systems, databases, actuarial equivalence factors and benefit calculations
- Become conversant with current Excel based benefit checking calculators and how to extend these to other clients and benefit design features
- Learn how the actuarial equivalence factors operate as part of each overall benefit design
- Apply Excel based programming to develop, test and maintain a range of calculators
- Demonstrate a full and rigorous testing of the calculators, by preparing sample manual calculations to demonstrate accurate functionality of the checking calculators
- Update calculators that require dynamic changes, for example to reflect market conditions and how they impact actuarial equivalence factors
- Excellent analytical, IT and data management skills
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasker with strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remotely with teams in other locations and time zones as well as receiving actuarial support and guidance locally in Ireland
- Have a positive attitude and take a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work in a challenging environment handling the management of issues in a calm, professional and controlled manner
- Must be educated to degree level in a Mathematics (Statistical, Analytics or Actuarial) discipline
- Have studied life contingencies (mortality rates, annuities etc)
- Be familiar with the features of Defined Benefit pension plans and how benefits are affected by actuarial equivalence factors
- Must have experience in applications Actuarial/Data modelling with a proven track record in Analysis
- Very strong Excel, Microsoft Access and SQL skills
- Experience in documenting models
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobsApply for this job.