Our client is an industry leader in Stable Value, Pension Risk Transfer (PRT), Structured Settlements, and Full Service businesses. They are a global financial services power house who wish to recruit an experienced Actuary for their highly developed and growing team. They currently have over £1.1 trillion under management and are regarded as one of the leading FS firms globally.
This Senior Actuarial Associate role is for PRT Modeling. The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting colleagues in the USA in developing and updating pricing models for PRT transactions, in conjunction with the Actuarial team in Ireland.
It comes with the following primary responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with multiple PRT Pricing teams to develop models on the PRT Pricing platforms in support of R&D projects and new product implementation.
- Work collaboratively with others on the PRT Modeling team to support the development and maintenance of their modeling platform(s) used for pricing PRT deals.
- Serve as resource in validating or implementing PRT Pricing modeling changes and coordinates with business partners to complete User Acceptance Testing in a timely manner.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate corporate governance, controls, and documentation policies/procedures.
- Superior technical expertise in quantitative and/or actuarial risk-based modeling; ability to perform complex analytical work in assessing and modeling financial, investment, and actuarial risks, reserving, capital modeling and/or management, and hedging.
- Very strong Excel skills
- Experience with C++, VBA, or similar Dot Net language. Experience in development of actuarial models written in these languages a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other quantitative resources to build controlled, production-environment quantitative models and tools.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and to work productively with internal and corporate business partners (ALM, product, actuarial, finance, tax, treasurers, etc.).
- Strategic thinker on actuarial pricing and modeling issues; demonstrated ability to thoughtfully analyse, assess, challenge, and influence quantitative and business partners.
- Collaborative and team-oriented work style.
- Quantitative actuarial/asset/investment/risk modeling experience
- Superior knowledge of financial modeling, pricing, statutory and US GAAP financial principles, and investments.
- Some Actuarial exams preferred;
- Degree in Mathematics or related field preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this role please contact Damian Farrell on 02890313157 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years’ experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI’s most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobsApply for this job.