Senior Design Engineer
Vickerstock are now working with a leading supplier in the medical device industry to recruit a design engineer for their expanding research and development team.
The Senior Design Engineer will be a vital part of a team responsible for developing our client’s portfolio of medical products. This design post will require someone with significant experience in the design and development of medical devices, and the capability of leading their own team.
Reporting to the Group Leader the successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities that include:
- Lead and be an integral part of the team tasked with the development process from concept generation through to design verification
- Assist in the development of intellectual property generated by development activities
- Ensure the application of new and existing technologies to provide the optimum delivery system design
- Participate in trials with physicians to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs
- Provide technical feedback during frequent technical contact with customers to optimise product design
- Support the maintenance of product files and other relevant documentation to comply with quality standards.
- Compile project plans and lead team to develop devices in accordance with planned activities, budget and timelines
- A 3rd level engineering qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in medical products
- Familiar with working to ISO 13485 & FDA Design Control Requirements
- A high level of team lead experience- FMEA’s, verifications and validations for medical device products and processes. Also familiarity with medical device sterilisation e.g. Gamma and EtO
- Proficient with tools such as DOE, SPC Minitab etc
- Working knowledge of biocompatible metal and polymers
Consultant: Patrick McIlveen
For further information on this Design role contact us on +353 (0)16968388 or send a current CV using the link below in strict confidence. If this role isn’t suitable, we may have a position within project engineering or design engineering that is, don’t hesitate to get in touch to see what other positions we have available
Vickerstock operates as both an employment agency and employment business. We adhere to all relevant legislation and offer services regardless race, age, sex, disability or religious belief. All applications are handled in strict confidence. For further information on the services we supply please visit our websiteApply for this job.