Cpl are delighted to be assisting a leading multinational Construction, Civils & Utilities company with their recruitment of a Senior Estimator.
Reporting to the Commercial Operations Manager, this role is within the Network and In-Home division’s commercial and sales department. As a senior Estimator you will be managing large strategic tenders and proposals. You will assist with the procurement of subcontractor resources and compiling business cases. You be responsible for forecasting the expense and scope of projects within the company. Analyze business endeavors and develop cost information for businesses to make sound financial decisions. You will also work closely with the Operations team to review costs and margins on ongoing projects and with our sales team to evaluate new opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In the presales phase – establish the project plan baseline, define project scope, secure the necessary resources & build the estimates in collaboration with the Financial Planning Manager
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Ensure knowledge sharing and a consistent approach to pre-sales facilitating an efficient sales approach and a profitable project delivery
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Confer with management, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Review material and labour requirements, to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying desirable
- 10 years’ experience working in the Utility sector.
- Experience in the Civils, Telecommunications or Water Sectors would be advantageous
- Excellent Project Management skills and a PMI certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of contractual agreements
- Strict adherence to deadlines
- Ability to collect all possible revenues from contracts within the specified timeframes
- Ability to analyse previous tenders and outcomes
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work on own initiative and act independently whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team
- Good negotiating skills
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
The Senior Estimator position attracts a market leading salary of upto €80,000 + other benefits to be discussed at interview.
For more information please contact Michael Hewitt on +442890725613 / email@example.comApply for this job.