Senior HR Generalist (Mat Cover)
Senior HR Analyst (Generalist)Salary €35k upwards based on experience Job Overview: Experienced professional working independently to manage the HR Generalist function within my client and work as business partner to a part of the business. Will manage day to day generalist HR support to key business function and run key people related projects. Will develop and implement HR policies and programmes with the objective of ensuring HR practice keeps in line with the needs of a growing business and legislation. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with managers at all levels to proactively identify and resolve any human resource issues by fully understanding their needs and working with team to deliver the optimum solution.
- Responsible for managing and implementing day to day HR infrastructure processes, programmes and services for the assigned business group through own efforts and those of team members.
- Act as business partner for assigned group and work with managers to identify human resources impact of specific business decisions. Ensure consistency in HR service provided across all business groups
- Ensure the provision of timely, efficient and meaningful administration services to employees and managers working with the HR generalist team to improve process and delivery channels on an ongoing basis
- Ensure all day to day issues for the business are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner supporting team members in brain storming solutions as necessary
- Remain aware of any changes to legislation or polices and take a proactive approach to formulation and updating of HR policies and procedures in line with legislation and best practice.
- Maintain and drive a constant focus on process improvement and finding better ways to deliver value to the business.
- Ensure that all HR practices are consistent in meeting the needs of the business groups supported.
- Provide back-up and administration support to the Recruitment function as required through the HR Generalist team
- Research C&B strategies, including provision of salary surveys input.
- Provide compensation and benefits support to managers and employees
- Manage year end compensation process in conjunction with Director, Human resources
- Work with HR Director and management team to ensure the corporate performance management process is implemented in an effective manner ensuring the bar is raised each year, and monitor its effective application.
- Ensure performance management processes are fully adhered to for the HR generalist team and that performance increases year on year. Provide timely and ongoing feedback to team members.
- Promote and encourage formal and informal communications.
- Develop effective people relations
- Provide guidance and facilitate the positive resolution of employee relations issues.
- Develop solid knowledge of the HR role and employment legislation combined with a working knowledge of the suite of HR systems/solutions in use within our client.
- Ensure all members of the HR generalist team continue to develop their knowledge and skills ensuring each one has an IDP in place and is supported in their development.
- Provide quarterly, monthly and ad hoc reports as required. Provide status reporting and communicate all HR business issues to senior team members in a timely manner
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Strong organizational ability will be required to ensure all tasks are completed on time and to the satisfaction of the business.
- Must keep up to date with any changes to HR legislation and ensure our client policies are updated to reflect these.
- Strong communication skills required to build and maintain working relationships with all business partners.
- Strong Leadership skills, motivational skills and organisation skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as outstanding planning, organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize own workload and work on their own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Good team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Computer Literate – sound knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email & skills. Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar HR databases a definite advantage.
- Numerical ability
- Attention to detail
- Leadership skills
- Degree level qualification (with a HR specialism or relevant prior experience)
- 8 years experience in a HR role (preferably in a generalist role)
- CIPD qualification/part qualification
Please contact Cathie on +442890339968 or email your CV via the linkApply for this job.