Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Co. Louth)
Our client is one of Ireland’s success stories. They are an innovative and progressive organisation with a significant investment in Technology.
The role reports to the Group Infrastructure Manager, who has responsibility for all strategic/tactical decisions regarding Infrastructure implementation.
Key Operational Responsibilities
- Negotiation of licensing and support contracts with IT suppliers
- Approving the specification of IT purchases across the group
- Project based implementation of Group Corporate Solutions including Hyper V, VMWare and Exchange
- Planning and implementation of Network Architecture across the group, including configuration and support of VPN tunnels.
- Assist/guide junior members when necessary
- Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Supporting the Active Directory structure across the group network (Ireland, UK & Europe).
- Escalation support of 15 servers in the Computer Room in Dunleer.
- Escalation support of Win2008/2012 servers at Group Sites in Ireland, UK and Worldwide.
- Backup Administration (Symantec Backup Exec and Veeam)
- Anti-virus Administration (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
- Email & Internet Administration (Exchange 2010)
- Helpdesk Administration
- Software Licence Administration
- IT Asset Management Administration
- Support of Polycom Video Conference Equipment on sites across the group
- Some Win 7/Win 8 Desktop Support
· A degree level qualification or higher in a relevant discipline.
· 8 years’ experience within a relevant technical role.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a similar role.
Desired: Cisco or Microsoft Certifications.
For more information on this role please contact Laura Gargan at the DP Group quoting reference number DPLG1364/16 on 02890 500 883.
Apply for this job.