Senior Production Planner
Based in the Drogheda area, our client is a leading manufacturing within the FMCG sector, and currently supply their products to over 20 countries worldwide. Due to continued growth, they are now the on market for an experienced Production Planner.
The successful applicant will carry out Planning, Scheduling and Purchasing services, ensuring the appropriate materials and resources are provided and available in a timely manner.
Additionally they will identify and impliment relevant processes that will lead to the increased efficiency and continuous improvement of the overall supply chain function.
- Manage, coordinate and procure all materials and services, ensuring that the supply needs are in time and quality and GMP compliance are met.
- Manage the quality/ price/ availability/ relationship with suppliers to ensure that site/ end user needs are met.
- Liaise with internal customers to prepare weekly production, purchasing and shipping schedules and ensure that targets are met.
- Monitor production plans/ performance weekly and realign to ensure that the purchasing strategy fully supports both production and project targets.
- Liaise with operations to create procurement schedules for services and maintenance components. Convert P.O.’s and execute the delivery of the schedules
- Monitor inventory levels and report any deviation from plan and implement corrective actions where applicable.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure thorough MRP management, review and execution of purchase requisitions and purchase orders, vendor scheduling, inventory reporting and inventory positioning.
- Develop and maintain best practice systems and procedures
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in planning/scheduling in a manufacturing plant
- Demonstrable experience of a manufacturing purchasing function
- Excellent, interpersonal and communication/negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced, flexible and results focused environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of import/export regulations including customs and excise legislation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- APICS/ CIPM/ IIPMM or relevant materials management qualification an advantage
- FMCG experience highly desirable
This is a permanent role offering a salary in the region of €45 – 50k.
For further information and a confidential discussion please call +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.
Apply for this job.