Senior Production Planner
A leading manufacturing company within the FMCG sector, our client currently supply their products to over 20 countries worldwide. Due to continued growth, they are now the on market for an experienced Senior Production Planner to manage a small team within their new production facility in Drogheda.
The successful applicant will carry out Planning, Scheduling and Purchasing services, ensuring the appropriate materials and resources are provided and available in a timely manner.
Additionally they will identify and impliment relevant processes that will lead to the increased efficiency and continuous improvement of the overall supply chain function.
- Manage, coordinate and procure all materials and services, ensuring that the supply needs are in time
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure that site / end user needs are met.
- Liaise with internal customers to prepare weekly production, purchasing and shipping schedules and ensure that targets are met.
- Monitor production plans/ performance weekly and realign to ensure that the purchasing strategy fully supports both production and project targets.
- Liaise with operations to create procurement schedules for services and maintenance components.
- Monitor inventory levels and report any deviation from plan and implement corrective actions where applicable.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure thorough MRP management, review and execution of purchase requisitions and purchase orders, vendor scheduling, inventory reporting and inventory positioning.
- Develop and maintain best practice systems and procedures
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in planning/scheduling in a manufacturing plant, ideally FMCG
- Demonstrable experience of a manufacturing purchasing function
- Excellent, interpersonal and communication/negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver in a fast paced, flexible and results focused environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Previous experience of managing a small team is highly desirable, however applications will be considered from strong applicants looking to make the step up.
This is a permanent role offering a salary in the region of €45 – 50k.
For further information and a confidential discussion please call +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.Apply for this job.