Senior Quality Manager
Senior Quality Manager – South Newry – £70k
Job Title: Senior Quality Manager
Our client are a leading OEM within the renewables sector, they operate internationally and are based locally in the South Newry / Dundalk area. Due to growth and expansion they are now seeking to take on a Senior Quality Manager on a full time basis based at their head office.
Senior Quality Manager; Reporting to:
This is a key Quality role within the company and the Senior Quality Manager will report directly to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety management strategy, policy and procedure formulation and implementation across the business, both for onshore and offshore operations. (Travel approx. 5 days per month within the UK & Ireland)
Senior Quality Manager; Responsibilities
· Responsibility for the Quality division, oversee the implementation and maintenance of Quality strategy, policy and procedure across all of the company, both onshore and offshore.
· Oversee the supplier quality assessment and qualification
· Lead, manage and develop the Quality and EHS Team.
· Develop & manage budget activities associated with quality related activities.
· Ensure key and efficient interactions with the quality team and the Project Operations team on a daily basis in relation to cross-project/business planning, risk management and assessment.
· Lead the development and implementation of the business processes necessary to ensure successful implementation of QMS throughout all areas of the business.
· Plans and initiate improvements to the quality areas, as needed, to meet changing demands or requirements of the business and regulatory environment. Establishes key priorities for the site regarding quality improvement initiatives and tracks key projects to completion.
· Responsible for the management, coordination and the closure of deviations initiated during production.
· Responsible for coordination the development and execution of equipment validation / qualifications (IQ, OQ, & PQ) including the inspection and sampling plans.
· Development and implementation of process sampling plans, procedures and statistical techniques.
· Conduct internal training on quality assurance concepts, tools and procedures to all personnel within the organisation.
· Ensure outputs of studies are incorporated to relevant commercial documentation.
Health, Safety and Environmental
· Oversee the management of local and remote assembly facilities from a H&S perspective whilst working with the EHS representatives for the company locally and in remote office locations.
· Ensure continuous improvement of effective Health & Safety systems, programs, processes and standards
· Ownership of H&S Risk Assessments, inspections, reviews and audits. Review the results and action plan with the H&S representative
· Work with the EHS team members to ensure risk assessments and method statements are suitable and legally compliant
Senior Quality Manager: Essential Criteria
· 6 years + experience in a similar role within manufacturing, heavy industry, renewables or engineering
· Experience in ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001
· Health & Safety / Quality Qualification
· Previous project management experience
· Previous experience in an engineering/manufacturing environment
· Proficient in reading/interpreting technical drawings
Senior Quality Manager: Desirable Criteria
· Degree in relatable subject (Mechanical/Electrical Engineering)
· Current member of IOSH
· Knowledge of the renewables/marine/offshore engineering sector
· Recognised Qualification in Health & Safety
· Chartership of IOSH or working towards
Salary Range: £70k + Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Discounts and Corporate Bonuses.
Consultant: Martin Sim
Ref Code: 893690
The above role is just one of many vacancies that we presently have for Engineering and Manufacturing Professionals. We recommend that you send us your CV today, even if this particular role isn’t of interest to you. As we specialise only in Engineering; a number of our Engineering and Manufacturing Clients work with us exclusively, therefore you won’t find such vacancies anywhere else but with us!
Apply for this job.