Site Technical Manager
Our client is a major food manufacturer and supplier to the retail & foodservice sector across the UK and Ireland. Based in Co. Monaghan they have a requirement for a Site Technical Manager to help steer the business through to the next stage in its development.
Site Technical Manager (Senior Management position within Food Manufacture)
The role in brief:
- Day to day effective management of the Technical and Environmental Teams
- You will ensure that the site is continuously in a state of audit readiness
- To be the site HACCP team leader and Lead Auditor
- Employee selection, training & development, performance appraisals and any disciplinary actions for the Business Unit
- Provide leadership direction to team on problem solving and process improvements, address obstacles, provide resources to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process
- Improve on the current QMS, taking the QMS to best practice standard
- Manage and implement Policy and Technical standards in line with regulatory and customer requirements to ensure that the Quality Management System & Environmental System is regularly reviewed and is subject to continual improvement
- To ensure that all products produced are of the highest Safety and Quality standards & in according to agreed customer specifications
- To monitor the effectiveness of the operation through the analysis of customer complaints, accreditation status, microbial monitoring performance, contractor’s reports etc.
- To ensure that the company is kept aware of legislative & Customer constraints on the business and that defined standards of quality control and assurance are adhered to
- Liaising with customers and suppliers on quality, technical & environmental concerns
- Manage all Technical Customer Visits and Audits on site
- Responsible for control and approval of raw material suppliers, packaging and ingredient suppliers
- 3rd level qualification in relevant discipline
- At least 5 years working at a similar level in a food manufacturing environment
- A strong technical background and knowledge of BRC / IFS, HACCP, Bord Bia, Food Service and Retailer Codes of Practices and food manufacturing is essential
- Strong initiative, self-motivated, well organised and assertive
- Logical approach, excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with the visible passion and enthusiasm for achieving targets, objectives and continuous improvement in a cross-functional team environment
In return this role offers a rewarding position within a stimulating, commercially focused environment, along with a senior executive salary and benefits.
To find out more, please submit a comprehensive CV which should clearly demonstrate how you are suited to this role, including your remuneration expectations through the link here. Alternatively, please call 028 / 048 3025 2407 or Conor MacNamara 00 44 (0)7968 160122 in strict confidence. We are an Executive Search Agency working for this employer with a base in Co. Monaghan.Apply for this job.