What you will do
The successful candidate will possess experience of complex bid environments and processes and of all stages of the solutions lifecycle from sales qualification, solutions design and approval, contract negotiation to transition into service delivery is required,
The Solutions Architect will work directly with the Capita Sales and Technical Services teams to identify, qualify and pursue new business opportunities, drawing on Capita and wider solutions experience to support architectural and strategic initiatives within new and existing customer accounts.
They will establish and maintain an excellent relationship with customers and colleagues alike and will operate in a trusted strategic advisor role, will be an influencer with leadership skills, effective in engaging with customers, colleagues and suppliers at different levels to develop information strategy and future technology and business roadmaps.
Your experience will include:
- The Solutions Architect will have worked within a pre-sales role for a minimum of 5 – 8 years’ and will have a demonstrable track record of success in the design and delivery of complex integrated technical and service solutions and the following competencies;
- Highly experienced in working in a Sales support role to build a pipeline in target accounts and ensure that Capita is positioned appropriately to engage successfully on identified and qualified opportunities
- Development and maintenance of a comprehensive understanding of IT market trends, products, services and propositions across technical disciplines, for example IT, Network and Applications, and sectors for example; Irish Public, Private, Commercial, Third Sector and Financial Services.
- Drafting of detailed functional and technical specifications
- Identification of functional requirements and definition of high level IT strategies and based on consulting practices and methods.
- Design and delivery of proof of concepts
- Solutions development and capability positioning in formal proposal form in response to RFI/RFP/ITTs
- Estimation and costing of resources and effort required to deliver identified service requirements.
- Development of strong and effective relationships with senior business stakeholders within key customer accounts.
- Effective time management and prioritisation. Ability to work on own or part of a larger team.
- Experience of fulfilling a Technical Design Authority role on programmes and projects providing technical governance and input and guidance to aligned project teams to maintain standard of capability and delivery
- Delegation of work appropriately and effectively to technical and downstream resources and management to successful completion.
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills
- Data Centre technologies
- Server and storage hardware architectures and solutions
- IT Infrastructure Consolidation and optimisation
- Cloud Services – IaaS, PaaS and Private / Public Cloud
- Mobile Computing
- Directory Services
- Mail, Messaging and collaboration
- Operating Systems (Server and Client)
- Desktop technologies
- Systems Management & Monitoring
The following skills and attributes are deemed desirable:
- Knowledge and understanding of Applications development
- Knowledge and understanding of Networking and telephony
- Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Security.
- Experience of Irish public sector bids
- Experience of Irish private sector bids (Enterprise Organisations)
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day’s holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.Apply for this job.