Specifications Technologist | County Louth / Newry
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a leading multi-national food manufacturing organisation who have won a number of awards recently for excellence within their product range and standards achievement. They are seeking to appoint a Raw Material Specifications Technologist to their Quality team to approve all raw material specifications.
Specifications Technologist: Overview
The Raw Material Specifications Technologist forms an integral part of QA with a close working relationship with New Product Development and Purchasing. The primary objectives of the role are to approve raw material specifications which are then used to develop customer specific finished goods specifications, in addition to ensuring a fully signed off specification is used to purchase raw materials.
Specifications Technologist: Duties
- Responsibility for the approval of all raw material specifications (with input from other functions as necessary Microbiology, NPD, QA, Production, Health & Safety etc. ), in a timely manner, based on legislation, customer requirements, internal requirements (e.g. Illegal dyes, meat content & species testing etc.) and good practice.
- Assist in the review of the specification, with attention to detail, offer recommendations, modification, be willing to question & investigate information or progress approval.
- Manage the raw material specification system, to ensure all relevant information is available on the specifications drive, up-dated as new information is received and ensure old information is archived.
- Implement improvements and suggestions to strengthen the raw material specification system.
- The Raw Material Specification system must meet BRC, customer and internal requirements.
- Ensuring all raw material specifications are reviewed as per BRC/customer/internal requirements and all amends are communicated effectively.
- Achieve any departmental KPI e.g. % specifications approved versus unapproved. To represent the company during audits, customer visits. 1st production runs etc.
- Open lines of communications and team work between QA, NPD, Purchasing, Supplier Audit, Specifications Manager and the supplier is required.
- Attend regular meetings particularly with purchasing to monitor supply issues, new suppliers & changes to raw material specification & E-auctions and NPD for new launches/product changes.
- To assist in the support, guidance and documentation to the Technical, NPD and Operational teams
- To be responsible for own development with regards to food legislation, nutrition, labelling etc. using the resources offered g. Campden, BFFF, FDII, FSA, FSAI, Europa, E-mail alerts, customer policies etc. Identify and discuss any gaps.
- Develop working knowledge of the finished product specification function and artwork/packaging approval to cover absences with support from QA controller/NPD manager as necessary.
Specifications Technologist: Essential Criteria
- Ideally have a minimum of 2 years + experience in a similar technical, specifications, quality, technologist or development role within the FMCG sector
- Relevant Diploma or degree in a food related subject
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Salary: £30k + Pension
Consultant: Martin Sim
VickerStock Recruitment is a specialist, focused on engineering roles throughout Europe. Our NI division has over 20 years of experience recruiting for the engineering sector. For additional information on this vacancy and other engineering opportunities contact us on 02890313720 or send a current updated CV in strict confidence using the link below.Apply for this job.