Job Listing No: 9740000
STRUCTURED FINANCE ANALYST
Location: Maynooth, Co. Kildare
Position Type: 9 Month Fixed Term Contract
Capita Asset Services provides financial outsourcing services to a wide range of institutional, corporate and financial clients worldwide offering a range of services comprising corporate solutions, treasury solutions, debt and banking solutions, shareholder solutions, fund solutions and private client solutions.
The Structured Finance Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the efficient, accurate and timely administration of the Cash Disbursements relating to assigned portfolios of European Large Loans. The role holder will be responsible for the integration of new loans and the ongoing administration as it relates to funds disbursements in accordance with a predefined priority of payments (waterfall) and financial covenant testing.
To ensure all loans, interest rates and indices are correctly reflected and properly accounted on the system of record in accordance with investor, trustee, rating agency, regulatory and internal requirements. To summarise key aspects of highly structured commercial real estate loans; analysing financial statements and related information on commercial properties that underlie the loans.
- Review and interpret legal documentation to ensure accurate implementation of financial covenants, trigger events, priority of payments (waterfall) to determine cash distributions for all loans assigned, in compliance with various legal documents including but not limited to the following: Loan Agreement, Inter-creditor Deed, Cash Management Agreement and Servicing Agreement.
- Integrate new loans through the collation, review, analysis and interpretation of all associated legal agreements in so far as they impact on the cash flow movements / disbursements, financial covenant testing and Insurance; and participate in loan closing meetings to facilitate a thorough understanding of the intended workflow.
- Carry out a comprehensive review of Borrower Management Information including financial statements, tenancy schedules, arrears reports, expenses details and any other relevant information to ensure accurate calculation of financial covenants.
- Process all insurance renewal documentation in accordance with department policies and procedures and prepare and send all expiration letters to the AM’s for posting when required.
- Identify outstanding insurance coverage and endorsements and update internal applications accordingly. Proactively call and correspond with insurance brokers / borrowers to resolve outstanding insurance coverage and endorsements.
- Administer the Cash movements for all assigned loans on the respective Interest Payment Dates (IPD’s) in accordance with the Loan documents and predefined waterfall structure including the distribution of funds to multiple parties who have an interest in the loans.
- Liaison with associated parties as necessary to ensure the smooth operations end to end e.g. Banks, Investors, Legal firms and relevant internal departments of Capita such as Bank Account Administration, Cash Management, Risk and Compliance etc.
- Diarise the logistics of information flow for each loan IPD to ensure the timely receipt of all required information and communicate requirements to the respective parties
- Monitor borrower bank accounts in advance of each IPD to determine the adequacy of funds to facilitate cash movements
- Monitor and update the ARM’s indices to ensure they are correctly calculating interest on the loan facilities.
- Monitor and administer all Swap activity on all European loans where applicable. Collate and distribute SWAP information and liaise with the relevant SWAP counterparties to ensure that all hedging cash movement is agreed in advance of Interest Payment Date.
- Reconciliation of all Investor cash movement to ensure all expected funds were received and correctly distributed.
- Preparation and timely distribution of reports at pre agreed intervals to investors, rating agencies, issuers, note holders and counter-parties accurately reflecting the financial position of the loan and deal.
- Address all internal and external customer queries in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure all data relating to assigned portfolio is accurately and effectively reviewed, monitored, recorded, summarized and distributed.
What You Need
- Third level qualification in Accounting, Finance or Property or a related discipline, or relevant experience related to the position
- 1 – 2 years’ financial services experience is essential, preferably with experience dealing with loan documentation.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office suite, as well as MS Access
- Experience working with SWAPS and hedging financial instruments is an advantage.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and quality with an ability to read and interpret multiple legal documents
- Sound decision making and analytical ability
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong self-confidence, good judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions required.
- Must be very detail oriented and motivated to maintain high degree of accuracy at all time.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- A second European language would be an advantage
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita’s vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Apply for this job.