Market Leading Pharmacy Chain
Full Time, Permanent 45 Hours per Week
We are delighted to be working with an award winning and market leading Pharmacy Group, renowned for their excellence in customer care, to assist them in sourcing and appointing suitably qualified and experienced Pharmacy Professionals for multiple locations. They firmly believe that by employing motivated, driven, and passionate team members that their customers always remain of the forefront of what they do.
As a Supervising Pharmacist, you will oversee and be responsible for the professional, clinical, ethical and financial running of the pharmacy business in line with company and industry regulations. The role is not exhaustive and many opportunities for progression exist. Working days are Monday – Saturday. The pharmacy closes at 6pm and is closed Sundays and public holidays.
- Dispensing to and advising patients on POM and P medicines
- Overseeing the management of OTC stock control and merchandising
- Execution of the dispensary business plan
- Assisting in group healthcare and retail events
- Fully compliant with legal and ethical requirements
- Day to day management of the dispensary and store, for example verifying, sending claims, stock control, paperwork, opening and closing of the store etc.
- Management of dispensary communications
- To partake in staff training events
- Ensuring standards of exceptional Customer Service are consistently met by the team
- Managing and motivating the team
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control
- Analysing sales figures and reporting to head office and senior management
- Analysing and Interpreting trends to facilitate planning
- Dealing with various staffing issues including performance reviews and feedback sessions, as well as training and development
- Organising and managing in-store promotions and events
- Communicating with the team and your colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail and pharmacy industries, understanding and implementing forthcoming group initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing;
- Initiating changes to improve the business alongside senior managers
- Seeking to increase customer satisfaction and sales at all times
- Applicants must be degree qualified and a “Registered Pharmacist” with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland, or be eligible to register with the PSI immediately
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a busy pharmacy environment, preferably with experience of the schemes in the Republic of Ireland
- A self-motivated, enthusiastic individual with excellent people skills, confidence and excellent clinical knowledge
- The successful candidate must have previous people management experience and display excellent decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- Must have the ability to be acutely aware of customer needs while being also being a commercial thinker, with the ability to balance being a healthcare professional while being mindful of the business aims
- The successful candidate will have a key focus on customer service and developing the customer base
- A highly-organised individual who has the ability to work under pressurised circumstances
- A professional who takes their work very seriously and continuously strives for perfection and who is eager to surpass all expectations
- Someone who is positive, committed, loyal and an excellent communicator
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavor to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.